Introducing the Inflatable DIve Platform

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,
Our company is Solstice Watersports. We manufacture a wide range of inflatable SUPs, Kayaks, Docks, and our newest product is the INFLATABLE DIVE PLATFORM. Take a look and let us know what you think.
32434_SolsticeDivePlatformSellSheet Hi Res.jpg

LINK TO PURCHASE

Around here when such a thing was needed, we stuck a milk crate with a flag on it in a truck inner tube. How many people will pay the price for a pretty version I dunno. But I do find it interesting how the drop stitch technology, that AFAIK was originally developed for inflatable SUPS, is starting to get used for other things.

I commend you on your float....

I appreciate the dive flag ,- 59 years ago it was officially established at 5 units high X 4 units wide and a 1 unit stripe,, for ease of manufacture the flag is often square- which has been accepted by the dive community.-- so many modern late model tube sucking bubble blowers assume any thing red with some sort of a white stripe is a dive flag--wrong!

The handles appear small and difficult to grasp with a wet cold shivering hand-- enlarge handle openings for ease of grasping

Your concept is about 70 years old - it appears to be a modern expensive version of the inflatable surf mat which appeared after WW 11and is often still available.

In that era of long ago we secured a full length piece of ply wood made numerous attachment points to the surf mat provide a rigidity of the float and to secure equipment such as spear guns ( Oh the Horror- a spear gun !) game bags and often since the diver of that era was free diving and in the water for extended periods occasionally a thermos of a hot beverage

Concurrently divers of that era would encase burlap bags in and innertube to create a float. Dive equipment manufactures later produced a round covering for a innertube floats

If it was a appropriate if you reside in Boston just go to the back of the local market and "Acquire" a milk crate and stick it in a truck inner tube- Presto ! A float !

Frankly I am puzzled as to who in the diving world would need or have use for your float . But I commend you for your efforts to create a product that has no applicability to diving.

Sam Miller, 111

How does is support heavy objects (such as an air compressor) on top without having waves flip it over? It doesn't look like there is a keel weight?

175-225 lbs. Which is it 175 or 225? that's a big difference. Are you saying that with 226 pounds it will sink?

Not sure why you would need a platform to put your tank on. Divers put their tank on while on boat or beach and take it off when they return to same. If you take your tank off in the water for whatever reason, most folks use a BCD so it floats. (Of course, in the old days we had to doff all of our gear on the bottom, make a free ascent, and then dive back down to don it all again). While serving the function of an inner tube, there is no place to put a game bag. Hanging it over the side would likely flip the unit. Granted we use Boogie Boards for floats while abalone diving but we affix the game bag to the center of the board so it is stable. Also, Boogie Boards have beveled sides so they are easier to pull through the water. Not saying your product is bad, just not sure of its overall usefulness to the typical diver. Might make a great rally point for students but any flag/float will do that. I wish you luck. I am always wanting to see new dive products succeed. My 2psi, Mark

i would make a bungee net for it that people can stuff stuff under, easy enough. I kinda like the concept and while you got some flack here it looks nice.

Your first product picture when you hit the enlarge function is crap resolution, use a higher res image

you need to say what size flag so people know if meets local regulations

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom