Introducing the Liquivision OMNIX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess beta testing didn't go so well...

Well its almost summer but still silence from Liquivision

FWIW, I ran into a Huish sales rep recently who told me that LV kind of "jumped the gun" with announcing this and that he did not think the Omnix would actually be available until "fall". I said, "you mean December?" and he shrugged. I am guessing form that brief exchange that it will be late this year or early next year before anyone will see these for sale.

Having let the cat out of the bag, I think LV is only hurting itself by not keeping people updated, but I guess that is their business and not mine.

I went to the LA Dive Show this past weekend and stopped by the Huish booth and briefly had a chance to see the demo Omnix.
It looks like a larger, more legible Lynx with greatly improved charging abilities - it was plugged in to the wall charging when I saw it. In addition, the rep was touting the presence of the 20min backup battery.
Unfortunately, the rep did not think it was going to be available until "late Fall 2016" - when I asked if there were more details he went on a tangent about sales at "end of year" being "better with the holidays".
You can draw your own conclusions from those comments...

Interesting, will end up being about a year after the introductory announcement in 2015

Another update on the OMNIX release from a related conversation with Huish rep:
"We are still in beta testing and are going over some improvements and ironing out some final kinks. We are hoping for September."

Would be great if the kinks are worked out. They will have had a year.

The specialized rechargeable battery is a deal killer for me. Even with a "reserve" I want the option to be able to pop in an extra cheap battery that I can bring plenty of extras. Shearwater got it right with their use of AA

Still another update:
"Unfortunately, at the moment and as a result of our beta testing, we have decided to make some larger hardware improvements to the [OMNIX] computer. We are determined to provide a superior product that is free of issues from launch, so we have delayed the project. I apologize for all delays, but we will be sending out an announcement and hopefully the anticipated launch date as soon as we have adequate information."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom