Introduction from Nevada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatim_fl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wanted to say Hi from Las Vegas, NV. Finishing my last dive tomorrow to get my certification card from SSI. Mostly planning on diving Lake Mead NRA and Lake Havasu AZ along with Southern California on summer weekends and January - February in South Florida areas when visiting family. Also I own a 17' center console for boat diving and looking for west coast diving friends to meet.

Welcome!

California has some sweet diving; I made it out to sample it.
My Notes For Researching My California Dive Trip - My Notes for Researching My California Dive Trip
Truth Aquatics Vision Trip Aug. 2016 - Truth Aquatics Aug. 2016 Trip Report - California

Tragically Truth Aquatics has fallen out of favor with some as a result of the Conception disaster which you may have read of, and from what I'm told, multi-day live-aboards you bunk in overnight may not be a 'thing' right now. So your options may be different from what mine were for awhile. And of course, a lot of people head on down to Cozumel once in awhile.

Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

South Florida rocks! You may've heard about the Florida Keys, but have you heard about Pompano/Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Jupiter? And the time frame you're looking at going, I think the lemon sharks are in at Jupiter.
Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...iving-key-largo-rainbow-reef-dive-center.html
Jupiter 2014 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/491927-jupiter-trip-report-9-7-14-9-11-14-a.html
Emerald Charters Trip Report 2017 - Emerald Dive Charters Trip Report

Welcome!

California has some sweet diving; I made it out to sample it.
My Notes For Researching My California Dive Trip - My Notes for Researching My California Dive Trip
Truth Aquatics Vision Trip Aug. 2016 - Truth Aquatics Aug. 2016 Trip Report - California

Tragically Truth Aquatics has fallen out of favor with some as a result of the Conception disaster which you may have read of, and from what I'm told, multi-day live-aboards you bunk in overnight may not be a 'thing' right now. So your options may be different from what mine were for awhile. And of course, a lot of people head on down to Cozumel once in awhile.

Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

South Florida rocks! You may've heard about the Florida Keys, but have you heard about Pompano/Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Jupiter? And the time frame you're looking at going, I think the lemon sharks are in at Jupiter.
Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...iving-key-largo-rainbow-reef-dive-center.html
Jupiter 2014 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/491927-jupiter-trip-report-9-7-14-9-11-14-a.html
Emerald Charters Trip Report 2017 - Emerald Dive Charters Trip Report

VERY FAMILIAR with West Palm beach and Jupiter, I grew up there and a Native Floridian(not anymore now I live in Nevada). I have a family friend who who has decades of diving that lives there. ohhh thanks for the tips / notes too.

Just wanted to say Hi from Las Vegas, NV. Finishing my last dive tomorrow to get my certification card from SSI. Mostly planning on diving Lake Mead NRA and Lake Havasu AZ along with Southern California on summer weekends and January - February in South Florida areas when visiting family. Also I own a 17' center console for boat diving and looking for west coast diving friends to meet.
Congrats and welcome to the dive community. I got to dive just outside of Vegas two years ago when I was there on business. I went to Placer Cove near Searchlight Nevada. It was a shore dive on the Colorado. Kind of a neat dive. I remember there was a jungle gym out there in about 30 ft. of water or something.
Anyway, I haven't dove Lake Mead yet or Lake Havasu yet as I am newish to the area, but do enjoy SoCal diving when I can get over there. Phoenix probably hasn't popped up on your radar but Lake Pleasant here has pretty good viz from about now until the summer algae sets in. Off shore we have a submerged island with deep rock walls and overhangs called Tech Island. And we have the Old Waddell Dam that has the main structure still there. Both are fun dives.

Hey I can't wait to get back to the South Florida family visit gig myself. I have family Hollywood Florida.

Happy Dives!

Welcome to NV. I moved to Vegas about a year and a half ago and haven’t dived locally yet. Let me know if you’re ever looking for a dive buddy. I got my certification up at Lake Tahoe and it was nice diving up there but it’s a bit of a drive from here.
There is also a Facebook group that I recently found for Vegas Divers too if you’re looking to meet more local divers.

Welcome to NV. I moved to Vegas about a year and a half ago and haven’t dived locally yet. Let me know if you’re ever looking for a dive buddy. I got my certification up at Lake Tahoe and it was nice diving up there but it’s a bit of a drive from here.
There is also a Facebook group that I recently found for Vegas Divers too if you’re looking to meet more local divers.
Look up Las Vegas Scuba Academy. Jason is the owner and is always diving Lake Mead. He is a great guy and who knows, maybe we will see you on his boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom