Introductions - Dive Buds - Best of both threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name Carolyn
Location Bradenton
Intro Just did my first OW dive this morning for cert. Anyone willing to dive with a complete newbie???

Name: Jess4diving/Jessica/aka Fletch

I really enjoy diving and the people I have meet through diving. Its very quickly become an obsession for me. I have especially enjoyed diving with more expereinced divers and picking their brains for knowledge and advise. I'll dive with anyone, 10 dives to 1000 dives it doesn't matter as long as they are certified and safe.

Bugcrusher and my bestest buddy Kitten out of Lakeland. Just newbs with 5 dives and none in the last 2 years. Need some shore dives to practice...Our weekends are Mon & Tuesday. Vacation coming up in Palm Beach/on the beach last week in month. This is a great board.

Name = Dave J.
Location = Near the border of Clearwater/Dunedin, FL

I just moved to the area from south Florida, so have a lot to learn about local dive sites/shops. Been diving since the early 80's. Lately I've been hitting Venice Beach (even before moving up here) to find fossils, etc. I'm also Basic Cave and usually dive out of Cathy's place up in Luraville. While I'm always interested in single tank wreck/reef diving, I'm trying to focus a bit now on gearing up for an Apprentice Cave and Adv. NITROX/DECO course. Having a local buddy with similar training aspirations would be a plus. Pointers to local dive sites/shops/clubs, etc. would be most appreciated.

Dave

I am glad I found out about this site... I hope to meet some gulf divers (even during the winter).

I used to instruct (PADI) at a now defunct shop called Treasure Island divers. Through them I have done lots of gulf dives and now, I am itching to get back out there. The Sheridan is one of the best dives I have ever done, that's including dives in Thailand and the Philippines.

If you ever need a buddy for a gulf dive, let me know.

Jarrid Dotterer

Name: Brad
Skills: Been a "water bug" all my life. Very comforable in water. OW and Nitrox so far.

This hobby is something I should have done YEARS ago. Cert near the end of Aug. (PADI) Logged over 12 hrs just in the month of Sept. Trying to dive as much as possible but mostly end up short due to the lack of buddies I know. I always carry the gear for a quick beach dive off the Venice beach for fossils and teeth.
Met a few from the board here during the Spanish Rocks dive on the 18th. (Thanks for the warm welcome!)
Have boat! Needs go-go juice and buds. PM me to plan something.

Name: Clint@UniqueScuba.com

Comments: I will be moving to the Sarasota area at the end of the year and I can't wait! Diving and U/W photography are my passions in life. I love to teach scuba, make new friends to dive with, and travel to exotic locations whenever I get the chance. Bonaire is by far my favorite place to dive and just hang. (I have been once or twice a year for the last 9 years.) I also work in the graphic design and apparel decoration industry and love that as well. Check out my website or myspace page or message me if you like. Unique Scuba , MySpace.com - Clint @ Unique Scuba - 34 - Male - MATTOON, ILLINOIS - www.myspace.com/uniquescuba

Name: CMOST / Craig

Comments: I'm always open to get wet. Have met some great dive buddies from SB and had some great dives already. In process of getting AOW cert then Nitrox and so on & so on. Should have done this years ago but I'll just have to make up for lost time! I need to dive some springs soon haven't done that yet. So many places to dive & work always seems to get in the way! Looking forward to many more great dives with the awesome people here on SB! :D

Name: Jim

Location: San Diego - but I will be in the Tampa area for 6-7 months starting at the end of November.

Comments: I would love to get wet with the locals as much as I can while I am in the area. I plan on having all my gear with me (sans tanks) as soon as possible following my arrival. Please feel free to contact me for events and if you need a buddy. I have been diving for 20 years and and a PADI and NAUI DM.

Name: Vance

Comments: I am new to diving. I talked my dive buddy Windi in to it and then she made me follow through with it. I want to dive as much as I can but am not quick to trus strangers around my 7 year old daughter and her 3 year old sister. I look forward to diving as muh as Ican and bringing the girls a long when I can. Both of them are excited for me and want to come with me diving. I am hoping to meet some of you at the Turkey Fry and se what I can bring back to the beach for my daughter.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom