Invasion date getting closer - what's everybody buying to get ready?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
With the invasion getting closer, I'm sure everybody is thinking about those last minute small or even large items for the trip? New camera? dive equipment, luggage, loading up on snicker bars?

what-ch-doin?

Wife got me a new wetsuit for my birthday. It's sweet, has a flap in the back. :D

Already picked up a video camera and housing. Working on a new do rag and skin. :D

I'm going to the Invasion. Are you?
Jump in with the rest of the crew while space is still available!

I need a bag for moving my equipment around between the hotel room, the boats, and the beaches and a back up light for night dives.

Probably a few odds and ends also, but nothing real major.

Oh man, what didn't I buy for this trip?!

Well let's see...

Regulators, lights, compass, depth gauge, reel, shortie wetsuit, and a camera. I'm now waiting for a SPG and a new mask that I won through a contest, and I still need to get an SMB and new flip flops. I'm considering a bottom timer or computer, but that might have to wait for my next trip. I really only got the camera and shortie in anticipation of this trip, but the rest of it will be used for the first time in open water on this trip. Needless to say, after being stuck in this land-locked state for the last 6 months just staring at all of this new gear I've aquired since my last vacation, and wearing it all around my apartment, I really can't wait any longer to blow bubbles in Cozumel!!

Oh, and you can bet I'll be stocking up on Cliff bars to take with me on the boats.

And not really diving related, but I also had to pay off court fines, do community service, and go to a MADD panel so my probation officer would let me travel... note to others: don't drink and drive!! :coke::auto::police::banghead::blessing:

Not buying much. Was gonna get HC an underwater camera, but probably not now..

Like the cliff bar idea though...

hmm this list keeps growing.

I had to get a new wing as i had sold my DSS BP/W since my last dive and but had 2 Dive Rite plates still, picked up a Conshelf XIV to use an octo for my PRAM double hose, and full 3mil suit

For the wife (I keep forgeting that she has a Name) Jessica, "had" to get new fins, aka flippers, so she will be rocking a set AL sling shots, picked up a finger reel and SMB, 3mil suit, new travel snorkel, small light.

still would like to get a camera, either a can light for me, or lrg tourch for jess

Oh man, what didn't I buy for this trip?!

Well let's see...

Regulators, lights, compass, depth gauge, reel, shortie wetsuit, and a camera. I'm now waiting for a SPG and a new mask that I won through a contest, and I still need to get an SMB and new flip flops. I'm considering a bottom timer or computer, but that might have to wait for my next trip. I really only got the camera and shortie in anticipation of this trip, but the rest of it will be used for the first time in open water on this trip. Needless to say, after being stuck in this land-locked state for the last 6 months just staring at all of this new gear I've aquired since my last vacation, and wearing it all around my apartment, I really can't wait any longer to blow bubbles in Cozumel!!

Oh, and you can bet I'll be stocking up on Cliff bars to take with me on the boats.

And not really diving related, but I also had to pay off court fines, do community service, and go to a MADD panel so my probation officer would let me travel... note to others: don't drink and drive!! :coke::auto::police::banghead::blessing:

Good god almighty!!! Do you have any money left for the trip?
I've ONLY bought:
Dive caddy
new laptop
booties
flash diffuser
3 rash guards
3 pr. shorts
new bag to carry gear from hotel to boat
dress

I still need flip flops and new swimsuit
I have not bought my plane ticket either!!! Just hope the prices go down a little more!
Thank God I have a second job!!!!!

P.S. Don't drink and drive:D

For the wife (I keep forgeting that she has a Name) Jessica, "had" to get new fins, aka flippers, so she will be rocking a set AL sling shots

I think she will like them, I love mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom