Inventory Issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Twice now I have referred somebody to look at Deep 6 when they asked about getting a regulator set. Both ended up purchasing elsewhere because no DIN models were available. It is great that demand is outpacing supply, but I suspect you are losing a number of potential customers because of inadequate inventory levels.

I own a Signature series and was looking at purchasing another set for my recently certified girlfriend only to discover they have been out of stock for ages. Instead, I picked her up a Dive Right In Scuba Illusion set over the weekend. It really hurts word of mouth advertising when inventory isn't there as people quickly move on!

Went with the DGX Deep 6 regs for this reason. They're great, but I definitely would have picked up the signature set had there been a DIN model available.

I am sure some explanation from Deep6 would be helpful.

I thought I was missing something. I'm in the same boat (pun not intended) and want the DIN over yoke.

I asked Deep 6 this same question just yesterday. I was told by email that, "an air shipment [of DIN regs] is currently on its way".
That's good enough for me. I believe Landon. I'm checking their website daily, now.

Oh, oh! Maybe I shouldn't have reported this. You'll buy them all before I get my order in if I don't pay attention! :D

It will be interesting to see how long this shipment lasts. By this time demand is known, so a new supply that runs out in a short amount of time could indicate manufacturing capacity issues or issues purchasing sufficient inventory stock.

It is a shame. I personally know of 4 regulator sales lost because of this and it looks like there are a number of other lost sales out there.

The silence on this thread by Deep6 is interesting for a company trying to buck the industry norms and reinvent a distribution method. Especially when its costing them potential sales and further spread of the brand by word of mouth. Hope this isn't indicative of a bigger issue as I love my regs. Just bummed I couldn't buy the girlfriend a set of them due to lack of inventory.

We, and by we I mean Chris, is busy helping out in Marianna after the hurricane passed through. It had a huge effect on the diving community there...... so Chris is down there now helping cook for everyone and delivering supplies. If I wasn’t swamped with medical career stuff I would be there myself. If anyone can donate, I encourage them to do so. :)

Seriously, follow our Facebook page, we keep it updated regularly. Things have been moving pretty fast lately as we juggle multiple projects. If you see the recent posts over the past few months, Chris just returned from almost a month in Asia doing some product work, and has barely had a chance to relax. We also have a few new surprises as well, with hints in some of the posts. I just attended a medical conference for CME credit that UHMS hosted. Plus, we have a busy month next month as well.

We just got in our huge shipment of neoprene products including 3mm wetsuits, 7mm wetsuits, two thicknesses of gloves, men’s and women’s rash guards, and boots that we are working on getting online. We also have the new computer in stock and shipping, and orders are still being packed and sent out daily by our warehouse manager. We just have a lot going on at the moment.

Cheers,
Landon

if facebook is where the most information is, you should probably link your facebook page in your profile

Back
Top Bottom