• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Inventory Issues?

Discussion in 'Deep 6 Outfitters' started by Sevenrider860, Oct 10, 2018.

1. BalekFekete

BalekFekete Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Looking forward to when the Signatures come back in stock, ideally in both colors. I've been given the Go by my financial advisor / dive buddy / wife that the last piece of my kit - the regs - will be my bday gift this coming spring. Heavily leaning towards Deep6 for a variety of reasons...just hope to be able to do so before next dive a few months out. :)

2. LandonL

LandonL ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I have put some Orange Second Stages back in stock, as we still have some. We also have Blue Second stages as well at the moment. Black is the only second stage color currently out of stock.

BalekFekete likes this.
  3. pconsidine

pconsidine ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    The demand for your regulators are so high because Deep6 produces a awesome product. I just purchased the Signature sidemount reg. package and absolutely love them, plus including free service kits is awesome..

4. Diver below 83

Diver below 83 Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    5B7342DA-FB3D-4891-A592-B8285AF28F28.jpeg
    Love my blue second. Will eventually grab an orange too for a back up

5. jlcnuke

jlcnuke Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Have you considered angel investors or similar to help alleviate the issue of not having the cash flow to maintain stock? Demand seems to be there, so if the business is otherwise well run, I can't imagine it would be that hard to find someone willing to infuse some cash into the business for terms that would be amenable to all.

abnfrog and cerich like this.
  6. Jcp2

Jcp2 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

It’s the slow (container) boat from China problem.

7. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

I don't know how Deep6's stuff is routed, but there is a huge cluster in LA/LGB and at many of the rail ramps around the country right now. But given he's in Georgia, a routing over Savannah would make the most sense, and there's not that much congestion in Savannah right now.

<---licensed customs broker and 25+ years experience in int'l shipping.

BalekFekete likes this.
  8. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    takes an extra 2-3 weeks to get to Sav. and the port is SLOW clearing, adds a month over west sea to rail to ATL

9. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

Currently it’s taking 1-2 weeks to get stuff on the rail in LA/LGB. My stuff going SAV to ATL via rail is getting on the train in a day or two after discharge. My ATL customer has had repeated issues for years over the west coast so it’s all water via SAV now.

Are you getting full containers or LCL shipments?

10. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I can't imagine they're getting full containers. I could see filling a 20, but a 40 or a high cube would be a TON of inventory.

I'm glad all I have to deal with are the carnet's and let Rock-It do the rest. I couldn't imagine having to deal with actually importing goods.