IP measurement for Pony/Stage Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for opening a LP port and attaching an inflator hose. That's what I do and since I don't have an extra I have to take the inflator hose off my primary 1st stage. I don't really find it a problem.

If you want to keep the hose attached, you could use a zip tie to bind it to the tank. That way it would be there when you wanted it and still nothing would flop around or be a tangle point.

How often are you checking the IP on the pony? I think more than once or twice a year is excessive. I only check mine when I do a service (even on my primary) or if something seems hinky.

Option:

Pop this into an LP port your pony reg:
$10 DGX Adapter: Turns LP Reg Hose into BC Inflator Hose
70404_1.jpg

Despite the title, there are two parts to it and the guts are a 3/8" LP port mount. (The other part is a 3/8"F to 9/16"M adapter to allow you to stick it on the end of a hose.) You can also use it for quick (D)SMB fills (if you have a compatible inflator on the SMB).

I have one on my primary reg so that I can pop on an additional hose for dry-suit inflation.

I have a standard LP regulator hose in my save a dive kit with the following adapters on the ends.
DGX Adapter: 3/8-Inch F = BC Inflator QD Post
DX-704202_2.png

and
EZ-ON Adapter: Turns LP Reg Hose into BC/Drysuit Inflator Hose
dx-704201_1b_2.jpg

I can pop that whole assembly on for dry-suit in 2 second or use it as parts or combinations with minor wrenching:
Hose alone for a regulator.
Hose and female BC QC for an inflator hose.
Female BC QC as a replacement on my BC inflator hose (which is a standard reg hose with one of these anyway).

Only works if you have an extra LP port. I'm pretty sure my EAS2 H2Odyssey doesn't. But a great idea for someone with an extra LP port.

Although I still question how frequently you need to check the IP on a pony setup. If you are supposed to get the reg serviced once a year whay do you need to check the IP weekly?

Only works if you have an extra LP port. I'm pretty sure my EAS2 H2Odyssey doesn't. But a great idea for someone with an extra LP port.

Although I still question how frequently you need to check the IP on a pony setup. If you are supposed to get the reg serviced once a year whay do you need to check the IP weekly?
True on both needing to have an extra port and on probably not needing to baby-sit IP on a pony rig if it test-breathes OK and isn't free-flowing.

FWIW: EAS2 uses the RG2V Piston First stage which claims 2LP and 1HP port: (H2Odyssey | Diving Equipment | Air Systems & H2Odyssey | Diving Equipment | Air Systems)

Ok, If this solution is looks too sofisticated for you
what is the problem?? :)
Just attach this pressure Mini Gauge to your regulator and observe your IP any time!
this is Underwater PG.
pg-jh2-lp-jpg.524638.jpg

It has UNF 3/8-24 thread with standard o-ring sealing.

P.S. - about symptoms: Intermediate pressue gauge - Recognizing regulator problems
you can use another :) 2nd stage with integrated quick connector for standard 8mm bcd adaptor:
regulator-second-stage-6L-.jpg

diving regulator second stage for scuba divers to breathe underwater
R09B - Performance Diver - Air 2 Octopus

This allow you to use it as breathing device, also as a redundand air source for inflator.
...and you can always use it to check IP with detachable SPG.

Looks like they just used the Sherwood Shadow Y and connector unit. Just pick up one of those and one can turn any second into a Shadow. '80's technology at work.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom