Is 12vdc compressor from solar possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok getting back to running our compressors on sunshine, two questions:

1. Would a 1 cfm charging rate to 3000psi taking 80 minutes (hour and a half) to fill be acceptable
2. and B is a 1 BHP motor running on solar panel achivable without running out a solar sail and needing more deck space than the jacuzi.

Ok getting back to running our compressors on sunshine, two questions:

1. Would a 1 cfm charging rate to 3000psi taking 80 minutes (hour and a half) to fill be acceptable
2. and B is a 1 BHP motor running on solar panel achivable without running out a solar sail and needing more deck space than the jacuzi.
No matter what kind of solar panel system you have you will need batteries in the system.

This is great info. I can split this off to a separate thread with a title that is easy to search and find later if Iain, Tom and the OP agree that it would be ok. I think it is definitely worth the effort to do so.

I would probably title it "Rix Compressor Balanced Stage Pressures and Temperatures" That should make it easy to find with a search later when we want to refer back or when the next guy is beating his head against the wall trying to find the info and unable to figure out the right search terms.

On the other hand, although it is off topic from the original question, it is a very cordial discussion that is enlightening to an overall understanding of some of the concepts of small high pressure scuba compressors and the hurdles that make what seems simple, actually not.

I await opinions on the value of a thread split and thank the participants for the input so far.

I am not in a position to contribute anything but as a Rix owner I would be pleased to see a spin off from this thread to learn more about the nuances of the Rix SA6.

Back
Top Bottom