Is 55 minutes layover between flights enough in Guam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjardin

Contributor
Reaction score
My flight from Palau lands in Guam at 5:30 am, my flight to HNL departs at 6:25.

I assume most of the people on my flight will also be on the HNL flight--but is there any room for concern?

well fingers crossed you should be fine.... im sure the airlines travel this route all the time and have systems in place to push you & your bags to get where you need to be

if you are a US person, you shouldnt have too many delays with paperwork as there seemed to have alot more immigration staff for US citizens than visitors when we were there about 16mths ago

i wonder if the airline system is the same though? last time, flight landed in yap, everyone had to get off the plane and into a small lockup area (think mexican jail) then everyone was allowed back onto the plane plus those leaving yap - very confusing why it was happening but it was an airline policy we were told so if its still happening dont be too stressed by it

enjoy your trip!

They were actually searching the plane almity. Sometimes they just make one side get off when they do this as they remove the seat pad and check for explosives. The President? of Palau was here in Manila to sign some type of tourist pact with the government and his plane was actually brought back and they wanted him to submit to a pat down. (Continental) He refused and went back to the hotel for the night until they understood he had diplomatic immunity and let him on the next day.

yeah...it was a security thing but very strange

but i guess guam has the airforce base so maybe they think its a target :huh:

yeah, they did the same crap with us, both coming and going to Palau. Half the plane got off, stood around in a tiny little room for half-hour, then back on. It sucked. I was so tired and wanted to do nothing but sleep.

Totally off subject - On the way back though I was seated next to a guy who was on the crew for "Survivor" tv show that was just wrapping up filming the current "Survivor Micronesia" series. He wasn't allowed to discuss the contestants (I didn't even ask as I knew he couldn't) but we discussed the whole show, what it was like to live there for 3 months while they built sets and production studio, did filming around the islands for background shots, etc. Very interesting! Our plane was about 3/4 crew from the show and all from either New Zealand or Australia. All in all it sounds like they really enjoyed the whole experience although they didn't do any diving (sounds like all underwater shots were done by local dive shops for them). We told him all about the diving and he was amazed at how much diving we did and what we saw. Funny how people can go live in a place for 3 months and not really understand what is going on "under" the water!

Back on subject, I think we had a short layover in Guam but they held the plane until everyone could run through the terminal to the plane. We didn't even have time to stop and take a potty break. I think the plane was late leaving because of it.

robin:D

Thanks.

I am looking forwards to the trip--we are doing Yap then Palau--used our frequent flier miles so the flights were a bit (but not much) restricted.

I guess for $69 roundtrip for 2 from New Jersey, I can run the risk of being caught in Guam for a little while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom