Is a long hose cumbersome on dive boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you dive slim trim and expedient then the long hose from go to whoa is a complete pain in the coit
unless you want to pretend be an astronaut in a bathtub or legitimately in a cave where even I abide.

long hose reg lives on the deck when I'm gearing up, at the stern, end of the bench

waiting for something to happen that never ever does

during eviceration, William Wallace actually cried "DIVE SOLO, DIVE FUN"

I suppose with nothing to do or sea a drilling you will be

like a bulldozer carrying two buckets to dig a hole for a potplant

or like using a bulldozer in the first place to dig a hole for a potplant

just more drudgery invented for those that don't know their gear or how to read an spg

I don't know what I'm doing, "It's ok just bring some more stuff! We'll train you how to use it!"

nothing around my neck except a womans arms a ccr loop or a mans hands

That's enough happy-diver

Ok voice inside my head

Just like sidemount in the ocean from a boat ha ha ha ha ha ha ha "Now that's some marketing!"
Can I ask you to translate this to English?

If you are dragging it around on the floor it might be a problem. I'm not sure why you would do that though. :rofl3:

I teach to use it under bands on the tank (as I have for 20 years ) you never even know its there , I have never been a fan of wrapping it around the neck ....

I teach to use it under bands on the tank (as I have for 20 years ) you never even know its there , I have never been a fan of wrapping it around the neck ....

As the OP was talking about back mount, how is it you put the longhose in bands on your back?

2 bands go on the tank , you weave the hose under them keeps the stowed neatly and out of the way till you need them . 1 pull and it deploys

2 bands go on the tank , you weave the hose under them keeps the stowed neatly and out of the way till you need them . 1 pull and it deploys

And then to stow you just hog loop it. I know you think you are clever but I was asking a legitimate question. I have never heard of anyone using bands on a back mount tank to stow a longhose.

And then to stow you just hog loop it. I know you think you are clever but I was asking a legitimate question. I have never heard of anyone using bands on a back mount tank to stow a longhose.

Bsac teach it... they outlawed the long hose after they done some “extensive testing”...They spend 15 minutes in the shallow end of the pool trying to strangle each other with a 6ft hose and decided that hog loops and primary donate will kill you and everyone around you.

ok wrap it around your neck if you like

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom