• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Is a Suunto Seaquest Companion an ok computer

Discussion in 'New Divers and Those Considering Diving' started by Viper12161, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Alvin Slovinsky

Alvin Slovinsky Nassau Grouper

It appears the batteries are still assessable on eBay/Amazon for a reasonable price and I’m not doing Nitrox at this time.I’ll definitely upgrade but till then I’ll play with this one

2. Fires

Fires Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Thanks, that I'm sure helps the OP more and others reading. I also agree with you, their support really is lacking. I have had multiple issues with them in terms of delays in getting back to me and not great responses then either.

3. Fires

Fires Instructor, Scuba

Just something else to consider also on the battery replacement, although in all honesty I am not sure if it affects these. But there were issues with a version of a computer (an older model like this if I remember correctly) that sometimes when run completely flat, and a new battery is inserted it killed it. Like a mini surge. Like I say, I think it was Suunto, and I think it was an old one. They still make you sign the "dead on arrival" bit when you hand in to the main distributor here by us.

4. Alvin Slovinsky

Alvin Slovinsky Nassau Grouper

I’ll let you know how it goes still waiting on delivery of the battery not arriving till Sept 6/19 and I’ll institute ASAP.

Fires likes this.
  5. Fires

Fires Instructor, Scuba

Cool. Would be interesting to see what you end up doing.

Alvin Slovinsky likes this.