Is ACUC recognized worldwide??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duncan Campbell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want some opinions or experiences regarding ACUC certification recognition. I recently completed my ACUC Advanced certification. Some people I talk to tell me that ACUC is not widely recognized. I do travel to Mexico and the Caribbean to dive...will I have problems? I am continuing on with my Rescue certification should I go with PADI for that?? Thanks

I'd be suprised if you'd have any problems at all. My bro is ACUC and it's never been an issue with him.

Padi is, of course, world wide, so for that reason I don't think it would be a bad idea.

Personally I would continue with ACUC. It is recognized through out the world. I have had no issues diving with ACUC cert.

Duncan Campbell:
I want some opinions or experiences regarding ACUC certification recognition. I recently completed my ACUC Advanced certification. Some people I talk to tell me that ACUC is not widely recognized. I do travel to Mexico and the Caribbean to dive...will I have problems? I am continuing on with my Rescue certification should I go with PADI for that?? Thanks
Go dive Cuba man, lots of ACUC there. I don't think you will have any problems with your cert anywhere. Their training is very thorough even if the training material is a little dated.

ACUC may not be known world wide, but the c-card you carry with the ACUC name will be accepted.

However, doing a cross over to PADI for the rescue course can't hurt.

Duncan Campbell:

Its easy to make up a fake C-Card... and even easier to fake a temporary c-card... if you're going to go through the trouble... might as well do an SSI or PADI

From the ACUC website:
“ACUC is a founding member of the Canadian and European RSTC and therefore we recognize and are recognized by, all WRSTC council member's agencies (see www.wrstc.com). ACUC also holds mutual recognition agreements with CMAS for our diver levels. “
Among other things, WRSTC sets minimum standards for most SCUBA courses worldwide. I doubt you would have a problem with your ACUC certs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom