Is anyone planning to go on a Red Sea liveaboard in the Aug-Oct 2020 timeframe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i heard rumors you have to wear a mouth nasal protection all the time (except when diving of course)- is that true ?

Thank you for the guidelines- as I read it, most of it applies explicitly to the staff. The duties of the guests are not as clear imho. So, same as you, I'd really like to know which measures are really implemented.

I like the "Make sure distancing is maintained when people are entering and exiting the water, only 2 people allowed on the diving deck at the same time to avoid crowding on the deck." on page 8.
I remember some dives where everyone had to jump at nearly the same time from the boat, so about 15 on the platform and then: go, go, go , go, ...

10th September - meant to be there for a livaboard trip, no idea what the current plan is, see tui are still taking booking at moment, but no movement on fco weather open or not, Now got to deal with the fact they could open and shut it again,
No idea how much notice we will get if flight and boat going ahead or if we just assume all is ago till we get told otherwise, How are operators doing the 50% is the boat is fully booked out? sending two boats?

Look here for the official guidelines for COVID-19 precaution and prevention measures.
or here for the PDF
It would be interresting to hear how good the measures are implemented, and whether they really makes sense or are feasable on a LOB.

Hopefully there will be some valuable information in the next few weeks.
We have a full charter scheduled for 03.September.
So far there are 2 obstacles:
  • (German) Travel warning for Egypt (which hopefully expires 31. August)
  • Entering the next phase, since 50% capacity is not sustainable according to our local organizer.

Interesting , so Germany gives you a date that they either renew or expire the travel warning?
did Germany also do the same as the UK gov did to Spain? as that is our next obstacle, the fact they could open and then pull the no quarantine on return aspect

The date is more or less indicative and the latest for an update. Parts of Turkey has been removed from the List yesterday while the Travel Warning is active for the rest of the country. That may happen on a case by case evaluation for any country at any time, the warnings are under continuous monitoring.
For travellers coming back from abroad, a PCR Test on return is now mandatory (and free of charge) if the travellers stayed in one of the so called "Risk Countries" as listed by the RKI (Robert Koch-Institut). Until this week is was necesary to stay in quarantine unless you can provide a negative test. So, if for instance, Germany decides to declare UK a Risk Country the disturbance will not be that bad as happened for UK tourists in Spain.

^ This.
Additionally for Germany:
If you travel to a risk country and fall ill, in this case, compensation under the Protection against Infection Act and the entitlement under the Continued Payment of Remuneration Act (Entgeltfortzahlungsgesetz) will not apply.

can i just see if understand this correctly, when you arrive from any country to Germany, you have a test, - if negative - you carry on with your life, if positive you have to go and isolate? - Or have i mis read the above, seems a sensible solution to me , ( if you can manage to test all incoming travelers)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom