Is Aqua Lung buying PADI? Asking price of US$1.2B

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well to be most accurate, none are alive so their “worth” is not really relevant.

I do not know when it was incorporated.. I am an early PADI instructor and PADI supporter until about 1984-5 when Bob Wholers, of PADI HQ called me and indicated PADI was going to step marketing instruction.

I would suggest that @boulderjohn might have a handle on it

SAM

I do not know when it was incorporated.. I am an early PADI instructor and PADI supporter until about 1984-5 when Bob Wholers, of PADI HQ called me and indicated PADI was going to step marketing instruction.

I would suggest that @boulderjohn might have a handle on it

SAM
I don't.

.There's Huish, they own Atomic Aquatics, Bare, Hollis, Oceanic, Stahlsac and Zeagle and distribute Suunto in the US. Of course AUP is gone now.....
Many of the Huish sales people have tight NAUI connections. Although there was no interest on the agency side, IMHO Huish would snap up NAUI in a minute and it would be a perfect fit in their dive shop program. On a $2 bet at the track window, that's the merger I'd put it on.

@Sam Miller III

In 1969, 49 years ago, PADI was established by John Cronin, Ralph Ericksen et all at Downers Grove Illinois.
Sam Miller, III

1969?

I must have got in early - my first PADI card was issued in 1967 - the summer between my junior and senior high school years. Robert Manning was my instructor. #440. My first, open water dive was off of Washington Island, Wisconsin.

Established in 1966, in Morton Grove?
First rec diver certifications in 1967?

PADI History | PADI

Wow! The old rumor was two guys smoking in Humboldt county. Now we know.

I believe PADI was formed in 1966.

Back
Top Bottom