Is Biofin XT a better fin for Frog kick than Biofin Pro ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phhappy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning to get either the Biofin Pro or Biofin XT. I feel that the stiffer XT will be a better for Frog kick, am I right?

:D

phhappy:
I am planning to get either the Biofin Pro or Biofin XT. I feel that the stiffer XT will be a better for Frog kick, am I right? :D

Phhappy: The bio-fin XT is significantly stiffer than the original bio-fin pro. It has good low end torque-push off, and works well with a wider style scissor kick or alternate kicks such as the frog kick. You do get a bit more resistance and you "feel" the fin wheras the bio-fin pro has very little resistance. I have been diving since 1972 and learned to dive with Scuba-Pro jet fins, I've owned Voit duck feet, turtle fins, Mares Planas, Quattro's and Avanti's etc. I prefer the XT model since I was so used to the wider slower scissor kick. Most divers will advise that you try both models, and other models, before spending your money.

mdb,

I wear molded hard-sole booties, Oceanic Neo Classics in Size 10. What size Bio-Fin XT would you recommend?

Thanks,

mdb:
Phhappy: The bio-fin XT is significantly stiffer than the original bio-fin pro. It has good low end torque-push off, and works well with a wider style scissor kick or alternate kicks such as the frog kick. You do get a bit more resistance and you "feel" the fin wheras the bio-fin pro has very little resistance. I have been diving since 1972 and learned to dive with Scuba-Pro jet fins, I've owned Voit duck feet, turtle fins, Mares Planas, Quattro's and Avanti's etc. I prefer the XT model since I was so used to the wider slower scissor kick. Most divers will advise that you try both models, and other models, before spending your money.

Thanks for your comments. I will definitely get the XT this summer when the season starts.:)

Back
Top Bottom