Is cave diving the most dangerous sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peat Bogg once bubbled...
Dave...

. Do you think there is caving situations where it is better to Solo dive

there are several situations where solo is better. No-mount, some really nasty sidemount, etc... In these instances, a buddy is more of a hindrance and a waste of precious time.

Cheers and safe diving

There is a sport called extreme base jumping.

Basically doing base (Bridge, Antenna, Span, Earth) jumps, but adding in summersaults, layouts, layouts with twists, backflips.

I've seen videos of it, mostly off bridges, and over water.

I'd go with that for most dangerous, or free climbing.

Bob3 once bubbled...
Grilled Drunken Cave Shrimp
-------------------------------------------

1/4 cup Soy sauce
1/8 cup Olive oil
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
12 ounces Beer (non lite please!)
6 tablespoons Vodka
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Basil
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
2 tablespoons Dry minced onions
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Liquid smoke (for gas grill)
1 pound Cave Shrimp; shell -- devein

Combine all ingredients in bowl suitable for marinading. Add shrimp.
Place in refrigerator for 3 hours.
Cover grill with foil so shrimp does not fall through.
Heat grill to high. Place shrimp on foil and turn when first side turns pink, about 2 minutes.
Cook on flip side for about 2 minutes.
Serve hot with rice or may serve cold with cocktail sauce.

What is the purpose of the Vodka? Could it be to numb the shrimp while they are swimming in the marinade? Vodka is basically alcohol and water, no flavor. Vodka with flavor cannot be called vodka. If you look at a bottle of absolute Citron it is called Citron because it is a flavored vodka and no longer legally can be considered vodka. Also, why go through all this trouble to risk your life to catch cave shrimp and use DRY onions? Geez, chop up a real onion and use that. You will get a less processed flavor from the fresh onion.

And while I am at it, why not just flavor these with a little olive oil and sea salt since again you are covering the unique flavor of cave shrimp, that you could have died trying to catch in the first place.
:D

Wow
I have heard of extreme sports of all kinds but your inviting certain death if you are hunting albino cave skrimps. Especailly the ones in Lauraville. I know a guy who went in with a group of 3 divers to hunt Skrimps for thier bbq. They never came out of Swamp Bogg Sink. A couple of guys went in to find them an all they found was thier regulators ( Poseidons)and tanks...the rest of them had been eaten and not that far back in the cave. Apparently the albino skrimps will swarm and devour divers....so anyone who has the nads to make drunken cave skrimp on the barbie is definately and extreme sportsman...
I bow in your presence....:martian:

4. Speed Skiing - This is the world's fastest non-motorized sport and one of the world's most dangerous sports. Skiers wear special skis and aerodynamic suits to fly down a hill at speeds up to 160 miles (250 kms) per hour. That's almost as fast as the sound barrier! One crash often means death.

Are they on drugs? The speed of sound on land is over 700 mph, not 160!!

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Are they on drugs? The speed of sound on land is over 700 mph, not 160!!

It all depends on your defintion of "almost". :wink: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom