Is criticism of Moderators a bannable offense?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azza:
A winky? Man...where's your self esteem. Its called "Big Boy"... not a winky.:wink:
LMAO!!!

L M W O !!!!!

Edit: I'm not normally this twee, but I recently got a ban for being "graphically sexual and vulgar". So I'm going to be nice from now on...honest:blinking:

thepurplehammerhead:
e.g. I post picture of my winky, someone objects (not sure why one would, of course:wink: ), mod investigates reported post, finds my winky-pic and bans me. As I first posted the picture publically, how can I complain if the mod answers any question regarding my banning with "well, the silly so-and-so did post a picture of his winky..."
... is there where your board name comes from ??? :eyebrow:

sorry, couldn't resist

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This is one of the reasons this thread was started. . . someone says "winky" and everyone starts to giggle. . . I am going to adopt PHD philosophy. . .

jhbryaniv:
This is one of the reasons this thread was started. . . someone says "winky" and everyone starts to giggle. . . .

And then someone else gets "too easily offended".

EDIT: I was talking about some people in general being too easily offended". Not any one person, their winky, or anything else. :D

LOL thanks I was wondering if I was being called offendable :)

mike_s:
And then someone else gets "too easily offended".

EDIT: I was talking about some people in general being too easily offended". Not any one person, their winky, or anything else. :D
The problem could also be - people taking things personally because of other reasons (maybe psycho - stalker attractions to people) or other reasons, and then clicking the report post button because it makes them feel better about themselves?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

howarde:
The problem could also be - people taking things personally because of other reasons (maybe psycho - stalker attractions to people) or other reasons, and then clicking the report post button because it makes them feel better about themselves?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Ever notice there is not a REPORT button on your own posts?

Why? Because of those same people are that paranoid and were reporting their own posts! :rofl3:

thepurplehammerhead:
I might be being a bit ignorant here (far from the worst of my flaws...), but if the banned member is banned for something he / she posted in a public forum, where does the issue of privacy come into it?

It would be like you getting pulled over for a traffic violation, and the officer telling everybody within earshot "Hey look at this knucklehead, he ran a red light cuz he was too busy yakking on his cell phone and now he's gotta pay $340!"

Just because you made a mistake in public, doesn't mean someone has the right to be humiliate you in public too.

Things snowball here. I've never been in the Surface Interval forum or whatever it's called, but once in the Singles forum on a thread that was similar to chat room banter, someone posted that Dolphins were the only animal other than humans that enjoyed sex for other than reproduction. Well, I just had to post a link to a report on a chimp that is many times more active, and it got worse from there.

The Mod was kind enough to remove offending posts and close the thread without giving me a vacation. :blush: Whew...!

Back
Top Bottom