Is Dacor out of Business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i still use my old dacor but it's getting harder every year to find parts for it. i would suggest buying something else unless your getting a box of good parts with it.

True!
our LDS calls them "DaCrap" because they break so much. I wouldn't buy anything from them.
I have heard dive shops use names like that just to suit their own agenda. I heard someone in a Toronto shop call the Aqualung Calypso, "Collapso" and of course, they don't sell Aqualung, but their competition does. Dacor made fine diving equipment and I'm still using a Dacor Olympic 400 (Trident still has parts).

I have heard dive shops use names like that just to suit their own agenda. I heard someone in a Toronto shop call the Aqualung Calypso, "Collapso" and of course, they don't sell Aqualung, but their competition does. Dacor made fine diving equipment and I'm still using a Dacor Olympic 400 (Trident still has parts).
Do you realize you are responding to a comment made almost 14 years ago?

Do you realize you are responding to a comment made almost 14 years ago?
Yeah and it doesn't matter much. My Aqualung example happened less then 13 years ago. I just hate some of the BS that comes out of the mouths of LDSs.

The last time I was at Scuba Club Cozumel (2018), They had what appeared to be new old stock Dacor regulators in the display case, made me laugh.

The last time I was at Scuba Club Cozumel (2018), They had what appeared to be new old stock Dacor regulators in the display case, made me laugh.
That sounds like something that I would have brought down there. Friends there ask me too keep an eye open for deals. One of the last things I brought down was a 20-25 year old Beuchat Master Lift BCD that looked unused and bought for $30 at the Toronto Scuba Swap.

When I see a US Divers or Dacor label on AL80s someone is selling I always have a good laugh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom