Is Deep Sea Supply out of business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowlysubaruguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So here I sit headed on a dive trip in 3 weeks decided Ok ill pop for a Backplate and Wing after reading posting and reading and posting. Ive mentioned that the reason why jacket BCDs are still the most common type out there is because you can walk in and buy one.

Well after reading and reading it appears DSS is posted here frequently as one of the most popular sources to purchase said wing backplate from. But there numbers disconnected and there websight is dead. Are they still in business?

Im laughing because I have my credit card out ready to set this in motion. And heres another brick wall. Im like a lost blind guy thats being heckled and teased by a group of street punks.

Im looking at HOG total buoyancy system through divers suppply packaged it all out found the support I needed to get what I think I want and need but wanted to have checked one more suppplier before commiting. Any way by the end of the day tomorrow it will be to late for me to want to deal with this, next weeks another short hectic week. If theres any one with insight on who else to look at before I kill this venture until another date and time it would be appreciated.

Dive Gear Express
Cave Adventurers
Piranha Dive Manufacturing

If you are considering used gear, I have some gear available as well.

HOG was just a brand that has decent views here along with distributors that can handle the order on the spot. Im not opposed to Halcyon or others as well its not really a cost issue im looking for help at the sales end to get me everything I need in one shot. DSS seems to be a well liked distributor here. Is there someone else you can suggest to set this in motion.

Call Dive Right In Scuba, DRIS.

Where are you going, what sort of water temps are you expecting?

HOG was just a brand that has decent views here along with distributors that can handle the order on the spot. Im not opposed to Halcyon or others as well its not really a cost issue im looking for help at the sales end to get me everything I need in one shot. DSS seems to be a well liked distributor here. Is there someone else you can suggest to set this in motion.
I gave you four options. 3 retail and 1 used.

If you want to be super lazy, just send me $500 and I’ll send you a BP, wing, harness, sta, and tank straps.

So here I sit headed on a dive trip in 3 weeks decided Ok ill pop for a Backplate and Wing after reading posting and reading and posting. Ive mentioned that the reason why jacket BCDs are still the most common type out there is because you can walk in and buy one.

Well after reading and reading it appears DSS is posted here frequently as one of the most popular sources to purchase said wing backplate from. But there numbers disconnected and there websight is dead. Are they still in business?

Im laughing because I have my credit card out ready to set this in motion. And heres another brick wall. Im like a lost blind guy thats being heckled and teased by a group of street punks.

Im looking at HOG total buoyancy system through divers suppply packaged it all out found the support I needed to get what I think I want and need but wanted to have checked one more suppplier before commiting. Any way by the end of the day tomorrow it will be to late for me to want to deal with this, next weeks another short hectic week. If theres any one with insight on who else to look at before I kill this venture until another date and time it would be appreciated.

Without comment on pros/cons of DSS company or product ...

If you want DSS stuff, CALL John @ North East Scuba Supply Northeast Scuba Supply tomorrow. Weekend staff may not know the full inventory.

He has Stainless and Kydex plates in (I believe) all sizes and at least some wings (I don't recall which).

Back
Top Bottom