Is Deep Sea Supply out of business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have guessed DSS was never going to reopen.

The whole thing sounded bizarre. Who the heck closes an entire business for 6 months or more while they supposedly relocate cross country?

I recall when asked about it here on SB, the owner said "You run your business your way I'll do it my way". Rather snarky and it says a lot. Good thing I've got all the wrist computer bungee mounts I'll ever need.
. RIP Saint Tobin, the martyr

of important note. For anyone that does have any DSS gear, it won't end up like Dacor where you will be SoL if something goes wrong

If I remember correctly, someone posted about an issue with his gear and knowing that DSS was not open for business, still called Tobin to see if he could help (on the off chance that he would). That poster got an earful from Tobin and of course got no help. Please correct me if I’ve misremembered.

Why do you say that?

because he still has all of the equipment and isn't an ass? Obviously there will come a point where there won't be support, but if you had a wing that needed to be repaired, he can still take care of those issues

@Dogbowl IIRC at that point he was in the middle of moving and nothing was set up yet. He's still not all the way in and set up so there is limited capability right now due to a bunch of delays

because he still has all of the equipment and isn't an ass? Obviously there will come a point where there won't be support, but if you had a wing that needed to be repaired, he can still take care of those issues

@Dogbowl IIRC at that point he was in the middle of moving and nothing was set up yet. He's still not all the way in and set up so there is limited capability right now due to a bunch of delays

So from your point of view, he’s still going to open again? Looks like some of the above posters seem to think it isn’t happening and that DSS will be closed forever. Maybe you’ve got some inside scoop. :wink:

So from your point of view, he’s still going to open again? Looks like some of the above posters seem to think it isn’t happening and that DSS will be closed forever. Maybe you’ve got some inside scoop. :wink:

DSS as we know it will likely not reopen. I.e. no new sales.
What many/most people don't know is that DSS was never his only thing. DSS was based inside of his gargantuan machine shop where he did tons of custom work for a myriad of customers, primarily in the construction industry. When that happens, unsure. He had some major issues with the move

DSS as we know it will likely not reopen. I.e. no new sales.
What many/most people don't know is that DSS was never his only thing. DSS was based inside of his gargantuan machine shop where he did tons of custom work for a myriad of customers, primarily in the construction industry. When that happens, unsure. He had some major issues with the move

So if he re-opens his machine shop to begin creating products for the construction industry, you believe he will take the time to setup for his scuba product line just for service and warranty work, but no new sales?

I find that hard to believe, unless he posts otherwise. In fact, regarding DSS, he posted he retired, so that's all we have to go by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom