Is Divers-Supply.com an Authorized Oceanic/Aeris dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Putting the Oceanic "Shop & Buy" Logo in any shops website doesn't mean crap.
While I agree that anybody can plaster a logo on their website, the Oceanic website states the following:

PLEASE NOTE: If you purchase any Oceanic product online from a site that does not display this logo, you are purchasing from a non-authorized dealer. When you choose to buy from a non-authorized dealer claiming to carry Oceanic products, you are taking a RISK! How do you know what you're getting? Or even if you'll get anything at all? Save yourself time, money, and embarrassment. MAKE SURE YOU BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED OCEANIC DEALER... EVERY TIME. Click here for an Authorized Oceanic Dealer.
Considering this, one might think that it would be prudent for an authorized dealer, like Diver's Supply, to have that logo on their website -- regardless of whether or not some fraudster ALSO displayed it.

But that's neither here nor there. Thanks for the info.

reservecops:
If you use the "Find an Authorized Dealer in your Area" box, you get all their stores (physical locations).

However, if you use the "Find an Authorized Online Dealer" search, they are NOT listed.

They don't have to be listed by Oceanic as an ONLINE dealer in order to be authorized to sell the product ONLINE (as opposed to in the stores)?

Actually, Oceanic does this slighly different than most manufacturers...

To go back a ways, when online dealers came online, brick-n-mortor shops would complain(whine) to manufacturers that they couldn't compete with the internet. Oceanic's solution to this was an option to allow any dealer sell oceanic products directly from the Oceanic website and to have each LDS listed independtly with online Oceanic stores. Participation was optional. This is their "Shop and Buy" program

This took care of the *whine* problem from the LDS's. They had an option to use. I'd say most don't participate in having their store in Oceanic's site. (Edit: actually it didn't take care of the whine problem... but gave Oceanic a defense against the whine)

However, I'd say that most of the "big internet shops" that sell Oceanic don't use the Oceanic site for point of sale, but their own website. This is true of Divers Supply, etc.

So this is why you see some shops listed as Authorized Online and others not. It's because it's the ones who have their sites actually on the Oceanic website for point of sale.

(it's kinda confusing....)

I bought all my Aeris/Oceanic gear from divers-supply.com, as stated before they are an authorized dealer and their Macon GA HQ location will appear on Oceanics website when you register your gear.
I thought their service was outstanding, and not to mention Oceanics as well.
My wife's Alpha 8/PX3 reg was making a weird hissing sound, I wrote Oceanic Customer Service an e-mail, within hours they provided a Return Authorization and winthin four days I received a new one.
Big thums-up to both Oceanic and Divers Supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom