Is it really cheating?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merlin

Reaction score
If I lie to my spouse about diving, saying that I am going somewhere for business, is it considered cheating? If I say that I need to buy parts for my truck but buy a new regulator instead, is that really dishonest? If I come home very late from a day of diving with buddies and she asked where I have been, is it wrong to lie and say I was working late?

Just some odd thoughts. Question: Do you "cheat" on your non-diving spouse?

I don't see why you have to lie to her. I mean you are not out on a date (at least I think so..) if you do... I don't know.
I do not lie to my nondiver girlfriend. She tried to dive with me but is complicated for her and I do not think that she likes it a lot. But I do not see any reason for not telling her that I want to go diving ... I am sometimes doing things that she likes even if they are of no interest for me. Therefore I find it normal to request from her at least understanding if not support.
VV

than it was serious. Sometimes non-diving spouses don't understand why you want to spend so much time diving, or why you want to buy so much new equipment (because it's so cool that's why!).

More of a silly question than anything serious.

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
and eventually it will bite you.
Rick

Merlin,
There is a common disease that I know of and have shared on this board before, it's called AIDS and you might actually be experiencing the preliminary warning signs of it. Aquatic Induced Divorce Syndrome can be quite serious, and like Rick said "bite you" in the end.

One unnamed member has also said that spouses come and go but diving is forever!

YES, YES and YES

What she dosn't know yet is that funds are stashed just waiting for the release of the Abyss computer!

Folks, I sit before you a self diagnosed AIDS diver. I once thought it was just me, but since joining this board I now know there is many of you out there with the same affliction!

Mario,
Whoever said that is a pure genious! *pat's himself on the back as he's laughing*

That's cheating. That's lieing. That's bad.
Just tell her. I don't think that would be a problem. She has her things, you have yours. Just be fair about it.

My wife dives. My problem is if I ever went without her I'd have a mutant strain of AIDS. The back of my head would look pretty mutant too.

Tom

I have a friend who stopped diving in 1990 when he had his first child. His wife was afraid seeing him "disappeared" from the earth :p He had more than 7 years on his belt when he hung his fins. He had 4 kids now. Busy-busy-busy guy.

Ray

Me thinks Mario is right. You need a quick cure. Cure....Take her with you!

I actually got into diving because of my wife. I was(past tense) an avid hunter. Hunted everything, just about it, that was available locally. After my new soon to be and me got real serious, she of course objected to all the time that I was spending in the woods, when this time was supposed to be spent with her. So she said, "I dive, why don't you." Little did she know, she was creating a monster. I still hunt some, it's in the blood, but diving is my passion, next to her of course.

glidingray....I get some weird looks sometimes when people, that know I have kids, find out that I dive. The first thing they usually say is that, "That's a very dangerous sport, it would be a shame if you got killed and left your kids dadless." Or something of that nature. Personnally I just can't see their point, I could just as easily get killed driving to work as I could diving. That doesn't keep me from driving, so I don't think it should keep me from diving either. Thankfully, my better half agrees, but with limits, which I can see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom