Is it still possible to buy white steel 100s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have grey doubles now and would like to switch to white for visibility. Lots of scuba shops have white 100s on their website but have them marked as discontinued or not available. Are they not made by anyone any longer?

I have grey doubles now and would like to switch to white for visibility. Lots of scuba shops have white 100s on their website but have them marked as discontinued or not available. Are they not made by anyone any longer?
Faber changed their finishes so white is no longer made now.

This what you are talking about. :):)
D98.JPG

I have grey doubles now and would like to switch to white for visibility....
I have a couple of dive friends that have gone to "Van Wraps" local companies and vinyl wrapped their tanks. It's very cheap like $20 and you apply the wrap yourself with just a spray bottle. Plain white vinyl is absolutely the cheapest since its used everywhere. I'll bet your local vehicle wrap company even has large scraps of white they just throw out. If you wanted to get creative, you can even print it. And don't worry about taking it off--you just use a hair dryer to warm it up and it comes right off with nothing left behind. You can vehicle wrap an entire van for $900, but you are only asking about 3 square feet>>That's just a couple of bucks.

Paint it with a spray can.

I have a white HP100 twinset in excellent condition and while I'm not necessarily trying to sell ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom