Is Sherwood Magnum 2 same as Tusa Liberator Plus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

telemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I used to own a clear silicone Sherwood mask, and the skirt was great. Good seal and comfortable. It turned yellow, and I tossed it. I didn't know it was possible to un-yellow it using the "retrobrite" method I now use for vintage computer plastics.

I have a black skirt Tusa and Mares X-Vision now.

Curious if the black Sherwood Magnum 2 would be identical build to my Tusa Liberator Plus or would the skirt be different? Are they sourced from the same place?

I tend to crank the strap too tight to prevent leaks and the area under my nose gets sore after an hour or so.

TIA!

Sorry, I can't answer your specific question.

You should not need to "crank" on a mask strap to stop it leaking, although counterintuitive, it almost always has the opposite effect. Masks seal by suction/pressure, your mask should stay on your face even without a strap. I think that mask does not fit you properly.

A sore nose, low down, is often indicative of the strap being too high on the back of your head, it tends to "pull" the mask up. Try lowering it.

When you try on masks, put a mouthpiece in your mouth, don't use the strap, inhale through your nose, if the mask stays on you've found a keeper, if not, keep moving.

Good luck.

I used to own a clear silicone Sherwood mask, and the skirt was great. Good seal and comfortable. It turned yellow, and I tossed it. I didn't know it was possible to un-yellow it using the "retrobrite" method I now use for vintage computer plastics.

I have a black skirt Tusa and Mares X-Vision now.

Curious if the black Sherwood Magnum 2 would be identical build to my Tusa Liberator Plus or would the skirt be different? Are they sourced from the same place?

I tend to crank the strap too tight to prevent leaks and the area under my nose gets sore after an hour or so.

TIA!

T...

Your facial hair is one of the most likely visible reasons your mask does not seal...

As Buddhasummer has indicated...your mask is primarily held in position by negative pressure...you should not...and should not have to crank the strap...

Over-tightening...is very hard on your strap...as well as your strap lock mechanisms...and if your seal is compromised...over-tightening will do little to stop any leaks...

W...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom