Is something wrong with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try setting your computer's weather channel to Cozumel. That way, when it's in the -40C range (which it is right now with the wind chill back in Saskatchewan, Canada), you can get really excited at the 23C reading which mine says in the temperature right now in Cozumel. And no wind.

If this is your first trip with Aldora I might be able to help you out. I did my first trip with Aldora from 12/2 - 12/14. I had around 90 dives on Coz before this trip and it was getting to be a been there done that type of thing for me. On the first day I realized two things very quickly. I needed to be diving nitrox with a 120 and this was going to be by far the best dive trip I have ever had. And it was. Aldora is not your average 30$ a tank dive op. For the first dive we spent a hour on Punta Sur, Maracaibo, or Colombia. The second dives were usually around a hour and a half long. We did Palancar Caves 4 times as a second dive. Everyone liked seeing the sharks so we kept going back. I was really impressed with Aldora. A hour on Punta Sur, a two hour SI, then a hour and a half on Palancar Caves was a whole new experience for me. It was like diving a whole new place. I wish I could get back down there and do It again. Unfortunately I have to wait a year for that. I'm jealous! to be able to do it again would be awesome. Until you dive Punta Sur Sur with nitrox 32 and a 120 you have not experienced Cozumel.

PS I hope this is your first time with Aldora and you don't reply with "been there done that".

I used to print off a calendar, and mark off the days... and also have a little "going away" party for myself. :)

Hahaha Kari - I love the "going away party for yourself" to go on vacation - you crack me up!

And yes Greg, there is something wrong with you :wink: I think the only way to overcome this is to advance your trip and get here sooner and then it would probably be a good idea to extend it as well - I'm just sayin :wink:

I can only agree with Marg as I'm sitting in Saskatoon (Canada) and it was minus 41 C with the wind chill at my bus stop this morning. I booked two Canadian couples to Belize on Sunday and if there had been an available cabana, I would have booked my wife and I as well. Looks like March is my earliest winter escape....

Hahaha Kari - I love the "going away party for yourself" to go on vacation - you crack me up!

And yes Greg, there is something wrong with you :wink: I think the only way to overcome this is to advance your trip and get here sooner and then it would probably be a good idea to extend it as well - I'm just sayin :wink:
Christi I sure wish I could do as you suggest get there earlier and stay later. :) I was able to extend my trip by one day after my initial reservation, and I'm still hoping a standard FF mile opening comes up on Monday Feb 18 since I'm off that day. I need that to happen within the next week.

Fishi its not my first time with Aldora. On my last trip, I was able to dive with them one day. I really liked it, and will be diving with them on this upcoming trip.

I second the SCC webcam but it has been stuck (for me anyway) since Friday at 07:16:39. Bummer. I usually watch it every Saturday & Sunday morning with my coffee to see how many boats are going out. And then again off and on at various times to see them return or watch the boats go out for the wreck dive, twilight/night dive or night dive.

I'm hooked!
Betty

I'll take a look at Scuba Club Cozumel's web cam.
You haven't disabled Java?

---------- Post added January 21st, 2013 at 06:46 PM ----------

I second the SCC webcam but it has been stuck (for me anyway) since Friday at 07:16:39. Bummer. I usually watch it every Saturday & Sunday morning with my coffee to see how many boats are going out. And then again off and on at various times to see them return or watch the boats go out for the wreck dive, twilight/night dive or night dive.

I'm hooked!
Betty
Are you on a Mac? I have heard that Apple pushed out a Java disable command to all Macs with system updates running. The SCC webcam needs Java to display.

DiverG, have you been on a lot of trips this past year? I too have been noticing a lack of excitement as my trips have come up. I've put it down to not enjoying the packing and travel portions of my trips. Have been very happy upon arrival each time! Best of luck to you.

Try setting your computer's weather channel to Cozumel. That way, when it's in the -40C range (which it is right now with the wind chill back in Saskatchewan, Canada), you can get really excited at the 23C reading which mine says in the temperature right now in Cozumel. And no wind.

I'm in Saskatchewan and yes it has been -40C for the last couple days!! Anything on the plus side would get me excited right about now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom