Is something wrong with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can have some of my FEVER -- I've got it bad :)

So bad, I just solved my equipment dilemma. Needing a computer anyway... I picked up a barely used Mares Dragon, Abyss 22 reg, and suunto cobra (integrated air)... all for less than 8 bills... shipped. And I have plenty time to find a pool to dive in to check it out. Of course... now I'll probably wear it around the house waiting for the trip. Can you imagine me sitting in front of SB, typing away, wearing a BCD and having a reg bit in my mouth? LOL.

DiverG, have you been on a lot of trips this past year? I too have been noticing a lack of excitement as my trips have come up. I've put it down to not enjoying the packing and travel portions of my trips. Have been very happy upon arrival each time! Best of luck to you.
Nope. Last 3/4 years I've only gotten in one trip except one year when I got in two. :(

It's been -20 here.

That will give you " The Fever "!

Foolish mortal. You need to move to Northern Alberta wear the girls look good in long johns. (Sorry grrls no comment on guys from me.) Then you dream about Coz all year long. I have been there no less than 60 times. I still bet twitterpatted about the place. Especially the thought of no long johns.

Just finalized the arrangements for my 3rd trip to Cozumel. Was there in January 2009 and January 2011, and will be there in March. Although it is about 2 months away, I am getting primed already.

How do I do it ??

1. check the webcam daily - some days several times :)

2. try to stay current by following the forums on Scubaboard :grinbandit:

3. play my "Scubadu" CD :wink1:

4. do lots of cold water diving so that I am craving warm water :fish:

Divegoose

DiverG, feeling less excited about anything else in your life or is it just your Coz trip?

I check the forum here everyday more than once sometimes. Make sure my dive gear/camera gear is in order. Check SCC camera multple times everyday. Listen to cozumelradio.com in the back ground while doing everything. Put on some Carlos Santana in the car. Check to see if the flights are running on time and routes taken everyday: FlightAware ? Flight Finder » Houston Bush Int'ctl (KIAH) - Cozumel Int'l (MMCZ)
Make a yourself and a few friends a maragarita. Sol cervasa is now imported to our area (I've been known to drink a few), so put a few Sol in the fridge. Check with friends that live on the island and see if they need anything from the US they cannot get there. If you have room in your bag you can bring some size Large, powder free, latex gloves down to donate to Crus Rojo and the Humane Society (Aldora can/will arange drop off):
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...36-powder-free-latex-exams-gloves-needed.html

You may want to shop for some chocolate, to bring on your carry-on, for the DMs and Capt's. Chocolate will get you everywhere!

Last edited:
Here are a couple of ideas for you Diver G. :idea:

Get your gear out and check your equipment ! Then, go to your LDS and spend some time looking around for replacement parts are a new treasure. (Never enough toys...) Of course you can also spend time online if that is the way you prefer to shop. After you're all set, work on getting your dive gear organized, if you have not already, so that you will be able to pack in no time.

You may also use this down time to make a check list or travel itinerary. I have a template that I include travel information such as flights, hotel/lodging, dive op information with dates of travel as well as emergency contact information. Then just prior to the trip, I confirm the info just prior to leaving for my trip and make enough copies to include in my luggage, carry-on and checked, just in case it is lost enroute to my destination.

Spend more time on Scubaboard reading trip reviews and getting ideas. Join in the chat room discussions as well. There are a lot of cool people there who enjoy talking about diving as well as off topic stuff. It is a great way of meeting people from all around the world !

Best wishes for a Fantastic Dive trip !

2 years ago(on my last trip there) I felt the same way.......That's why I'm gunna leave this place alone(for another 15+ years like I did between '89 & about '05).....bye bye Cozumel, Cayman Brac's gunna be my cheapy once a year'er...

Can you imagine me sitting in front of SB, typing away, wearing a BCD and having a reg bit in my mouth? LOL.

Isn't that how everyone does SB? :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom