Is something wrong with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's just no accounting for taste.
So we ordered margaritas at Le Chef. She had a chicken caesar salad and I was there for the much lauded lobster and bacon sandwich. Margaritas came. Yuck, she cried, what's this? So I had to drink both margaritas naturally and they were so strong I had to nurse them. Meanwhile she's done with the salad. Waiter keeps coming out wondering why I'm not eating my sandwich. But I'm still on my pre-lunch cocktail(s) dammit! Not my fault she couldn't drink hers. My fancy sandwich needed a glass of white wine and I never mix wine and cocktails.

At least a half-hour later, I choked back the last of the ultra-strong, ultra-authentic real to-be-sure margaritas and finally started in on the sandwich with my glass of wine. Next time I'll eat it straight away. It was still very good, but a bit soggy :)

---------- Post added January 31st, 2013 at 11:10 PM ----------

At least a half-hour later, I choked back the last of the ultra-strong, ultra-authentic real to-be-sure margaritas and finally started in on the sandwich with my glass of wine. Next time I'll eat it straight away. It was still very good, but a bit soggy :)
In a fit of retro-orter, I ordered the blended tamarindo margarita with chile powder on the rim, sort of a Mexican take on an Americanized version of a Mexican cocktail. How bad could that be? Well, I drank it, but that's not saying much.

Back at the Houston airport I had a good margarita at the Mango Taco Truck in Terminal C, made with Patron Silver and a splash of orange juice. But the food was lousy. Tasty, but they didn't have corn tortillas and subbed in flour and the meat was cold. And they're slow.

A splash of orange juice with Patron? Absolutely, no accounting for taste. Gad. And you say "but the food was lousy."??

You were probably saved from yourself by the slow service. You should thank them.

I always try to find RobinT Scuba diving videos on Vimeo or youtube... That's how i get my Coz fix 11 months and 3 weeks out of the year. Be thankful for the opportunity you have to go...

This should make you feel better about your wait.... I did my taxes already, and had enough refund to spend 2 weeks at SCC this year. Contacted them and got 2013 rates, started looking at booking flights, and pulled out the scuba gear. I was getting excited about doing a trip in June when the kids were out of school.

Then on Monday of this week, we got the news that my wife will not be employed after February.

TRIP CANCELED! :banghead:

Son-of-a ! Danm sorry to hear about that, hopefully as one door closes and another one opens for your wife!

Back
Top Bottom