Is the Battery Compartment SEALED from the Rest of the Perdix AI DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is the Battery Compartment in the Perdix AI SEALED from the Rest of the computer's case and electronics so that if the battery compartment floods, it won't flood the rest of the computer?

Is the Battery Compartment in the Perdix AI SEALED from the Rest of the computer's case and electronics so that if the battery compartment floods, it won't flood the rest of the computer?
You were in the previous thread where Bruce answered this question. The answer is no.
The Perdix is rated to 260M/850Ft. Providing a similar pressure chamber inside the primary pressure chamber would impact the design significantly. All designs are a compromise.

Bruce
His answer was in response to you calling this a flaw.

Well, Bruce is obviously correct, but I suspect a small amount of some water in the battery compartment is not fatal. It looks to be quite solid. So, Ok to a flood? No. Ok to some water inside (like changing a battery), maybe.

Ok to some water inside (like changing a battery), maybe.

How/why would you get water in the battery compartment when changing the battery? (it just seems strange so I have to ask)

How/why would you get water in the battery compartment when changing the battery? (it just seems strange so I have to ask)
The same way you get water in a camera housing when changing a battery. It drips in from the wet housing, it drips off your hand, your hair, it gets in from the person beside you, it rains, whatever. I'm happy for you that you've never had the problem!

You can also have a slow leak past any battery plug. Slow enough to get a drops in the battery compartment and maybe short the battery, but not enough to penetrate into the rest of the housing. Hopefully a short of this nature wouldn't fry the electronics.

You were in the previous thread where Bruce answered this question. The answer is no.

His answer was in response to you calling this a flaw.

I am trying to find this thread, do you have a link please? :)

Update: Found it now, thanks :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom