Is the DS4 available with a yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaBob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a dedicated singles reg to be used primariy on vaction and with rental tanks.

Every picture I've seen of a DS4 has a DIB fitting. I've searched through all the +APEKS +YOKE posts here and checked the APEKS site and haven't been able to come to difinitive answer.

I'd like to avoid the 'head-bangin' that people talk about with the adapters so the worst case is I'll have to convert from DIN to Yoke if I can't get it that way directly.

Thanks

You know, to be honest, I don't know. You're right in that converting between the two takes about 30 seconds with a 6mm hex key and a wrench... but - if you're only using it as a singles reg, why don't you just get a DST? If you're only diving singles, you're not worried about hose routing or an overhead environment, so the knocks against the turret don't really factor into play.

Yes, you can get the DS4 with a yoke. Unfortunately, I just got another one that Im goin to have to convert to DIN.

jonnythan:

What was leaking? My wife dives a DST and we've never had a problem with it. Is there something I should be keeping an eye on?

mmcdds:
What was leaking? My wife dives a DST and we've never had a problem with it. Is there something I should be keeping an eye on?

Some people claim the O-ring sealing the turret has a tendency to leak and thus bubble air out. It's never happened to me (I have a DS4 instead of a DST), but I've seen several people claim it happens to them.

I use Ds4's as my deco bottle regs as I get good hose breathing position. They do come with yoke OR you can get a DIN to Yoke Adapter and go both ways

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom