Is the Lynx a "Dead" product?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saridnour

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is the Lynx a "Dead" product?
With no FW updates or "Beta" features being made official in the last year (let alone documenting new features like side mount), it looks like the Lynx has been abandoned with the new computer coming out.

- Is this the case?
- If not what and when can we expect anything to change?

The beta features have so much promise and just needed a few tweaks to be very useful. But then all updates, documentation etc stoped and has been sitting in this displaced state for some time.
I have 3 Lynx and tx's and really hope I did not buy into something that never will live to it's potential. Was a bit of cash to just be an abandoned product/consumer.

On a side note, I have been very impressed with Liquivision as a company and their assistance with the faulty TX's I had. Was one of the most pleasant RMA experiences I have had.
I do hope there are futre plans for the Lynx and its owners.

Thanks,
Andy

So many of these in the classified section and no comment from Liquivision.. not looking too good :(

Sounds like the same game with the X-1. It will make a great paper weight.
Seriously, I hope they do focus on the Lynx.
I just would not hold my breath.

As you found out, the Lynx is alive and well. We appreciate your patience.

Not sure what changes were in v1.22 never did see a change log and from the user end it looks the same. Still wish they would take sidemount out of the dark (Beta) and detail it's usage. So would rather not have to discover how something is supposed to work while underwater (simulation does not use tank data so that does not help in that respect). I have been using sidemount now it it looks rather nice, just getting an error exporting logs since I have to go through their app to export to a better dive logger. Also be great if location went out of beta too :) Anyhow just commenting as id like to see the Lynx continue to grow.

Also why doesn;t Liquivision just support sub surface and use them as their default dive log app. Wouldn't take much to get the direct import working then the rest is open source. I think that would save Liqui a lot of time in money and more than likely make a lot of people happy. Just a thought.

As always, looking for what is new and next with the Lynx.

-saridnour

Thanks for the feedback. Your message was forwarded to our product manager for review.
Not sure what changes were in v1.22 never did see a change log and from the user end it looks the same. Still wish they would take sidemount out of the dark (Beta) and detail it's usage. So would rather not have to discover how something is supposed to work while underwater (simulation does not use tank data so that does not help in that respect). I have been using sidemount now it it looks rather nice, just getting an error exporting logs since I have to go through their app to export to a better dive logger. Also be great if location went out of beta too :) Anyhow just commenting as id like to see the Lynx continue to grow.

Also why doesn;t Liquivision just support sub surface and use them as their default dive log app. Wouldn't take much to get the direct import working then the rest is open source. I think that would save Liqui a lot of time in money and more than likely make a lot of people happy. Just a thought.

As always, looking for what is new and next with the Lynx.

-saridnour

Back
Top Bottom