Is the Quattro Excel better than the Plana Avanti Quattro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phhappy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am aware that the Plana Avanti Quattro is a very popular paddle fin. There seems to be a newer model call Quattro Excel with more of less the same four channel design. The saleperson said that the Quattro Excel is slightly softer on the kick. Easier on the kick. Can anyone who has experiences with the the two fin comments on them both? I plan on buying one of them.

Thanks so much your your help.:)

I have the mares Avanti Quattro. It's an ok fin but I would reccomend getting a different set of straps. Pretty easy to get around with if your just moving slow enjoying the sights but it seems somewhat unresponsive if your trying to move quickly or doing a long surface swim. I also dislike the buckels on the straps. I have to pull pretty hard to get them off and it hurts my fingers especially when my hands are cold. Iv'e been told that they loosen up after a while but Iv'e got around 30-40 dives with them and they are just as stubborn as the first time i put them on.

yeah those Quattros have really stiff buckels, did almost 50+ dives with my quattros & they're as steadfast as the day i got 'em. A pain on arthritic fingers. Have since changed to twinjets. Usually if paddle fins have a more softer/flexible feel, it comes at the expense of thrust/power.. but i'm sure u'll get a 100 & 1 differing views in this thread. Personally between the 2, i'd recommend the Quattros; tried, tested & proven time & time again, but ultimately get what you like best & catches your eye the most.. and oh yeah; try to change them buckels to spring straps.. happy shopping

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom