is the X650 right now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

topfuel7

New
Reaction score
I was thinking about purchasing an X650 but I read where they had some problems at first. Does all the new ones that are for sale now have the new part? Can you tell by looking at it if it is a good one or a bad one?

The lever in the current X650 has been rounded and smoothed and eliminates the early problems with excessive breathing resistance. Anything you buy from an SP dealer will be current production and performas advertised.

I purchased the X650 and can not wait to try it out. The build date on it is 7/11/03 so could it possibly be one of the regs that need the upgrade. From what I have been reading they are just now turning up in dive shops so I beleive it coud be one of the older ones. I wish I knew for sure before I dive with it and get disappointed. Scubapro said take it to the dealer to make sure but the guy that works on the regs is never their just the lady that works in the shop and she dosent really know.

I talked to a guy I know who is the tech at dive shop that does mostly ScubaPro. He said all the problems are worked out and the reg breathes great. It's probably safe to go ahead and buy one. The only thing I didn't like abou the X650 is that you can't take it apart underwater.

Back
Top Bottom