Is there a sturdy, elegant "pole with a light" setup for a gopro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did search around to see if such thing exist and all I see is two-hand trays..

I don't like two hand tray is that I prefer to hold something else with one of my hands, sometimes a flashlight.
And poles, I assume, is easier to reach angles or places that's going to be hard with trays.

Any suggestions? (And hopefully the suggestions are easily purchase-able in the US.)

Thanks!

A "pole" with a GoPro and a light hanging of the end of it would be a prick of a thing to hang on to, you can get one handed trays. I have this one with the flex arm, it does the job. It's Sealife.
E9F08FBC-7D03-4680-B30F-0A8D1301C563.jpeg

B48E1A00-EA5A-4880-8484-47BA77E014B3.jpeg

I have the Sealife Aquapod mini. It’s reliable and made for underwater. However, for video I prefer two handed trays!

I built what is basically a 2 handed tray out of pvc pipe. It holds a gopro and 2 light heads. It's buoyant enough that it can easily be held with one hand. When I find something I want nice steady shots of I hold it with both hands. I would imagine you could do that with any "normal" tray as long as the tray isn't super negative.
523450-9594d5d1ea672a6e61345bf1bb7c5587.jpg

I think I've got about 10 bucks into it. The lights are held in by a piece of pvc cut in half and then a velcro strap is wrapped around that. The semicircles and velcro have a stainless steel screw through them to keep everything together. The foam are some cheap bicycle handgrips. I think they were like $1 for 5 or 10 of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom