Is there anyone diving tiny doubles? Need some input.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do my “dwarf doubles” (HP80s) count? :D

I know this is an old thread but I was looking at the 50's myself. I'm new to doubles and will only be using them for Rec. dives do to the redundancy. I'm using 100 cu. now and it works for what I do.

A few months ago i got a deal on OMS (faber) LP66's in double configuration. I have not seen much about the 66's and how they dive. Would it be worth keeping or selling them?

A few months ago i got a deal on OMS (faber) LP66's in double configuration. I have not seen much about the 66's and how they dive. Would it be worth keeping or selling them?

I'd try them out and see how they work for me. Advice is good, but nothing beats first hand experience. I've been told some of my gear and configuration is wrong, but I've tried a lot of gear and I use what I like.

Good luck

I just brought my baby doubles lp 50's out for the first time yesterday so very limited experience.

They trim better than a single 100 with STA, I really like the way they dive.

I brought them down to 700 psi and then transfilled from a hp120, I wound up with 1900 in the 50's, so going from a AL 80 would not work very well. I have a thread in the tank section were we discussed the transfilling topic.

Personally, unless I was just trying to maintain tech reg skills and diving shallow, it would be a lot of gear for a little air, but each to his own. I dive vintage gear, including doubles, so I have my quirks.

I know this is an old thread but I was looking at the 50's myself. I'm new to doubles and will only be using them for Rec. dives do to the redundancy. I'm using 100 cu. now and it works for what I do.

My wife dives those as they match up with her height. As you have them see how they trim out for you. She also has a set of lp45s.

My wife dives those as they match up with her height. As you have them see how they trim out for you. She also has a set of lp45s.

I'm not very tall at 5'7''. I'm just waiting for my wing to come back from inspection then I will get them out in the water.

Do my “dwarf doubles” (HP80s) count? :D

Nah, they are 80"s, just short ones. Since 80"s are worldwide the most common size they are not tiny :)

Back
Top Bottom