Is this nitrogen narcosis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, this won’t answer the question re Nitrox reducing post-dive fatigue,I think it is kind of interesting... I can say that I never experienced post-dive fatigue and I also never used Nitrox. (Did not get the cert). I drove 3.5 hours to the dive site, and went on the first a.m. boat (left at 7:30) so I had to get up at 3:30 in the morning. We would dive 2 dives and be back at the dock around 12:30. We would follow the dive with some drinking and not get home until 6 or 7pm and I still did not get tired. So, I wonder why it makes some tired and others, not? Also, I actually did go past my limits and did a deco dive and it was also the same dive where I experienced narcosis. So, I learned I was susceptible to that...even though, there were other dives when I went past the 60ft (way past) on air and did not experience narcosis. Even after getting narced I STILL wasn’t tired after the dive. Lol
In my experience, getting narced is completely unrelated to getting fatigued (or not) after a dive.

I feel refreshed after most dives no matter what I'm breathing. I believe it is the ascent, not the gas that causes fatigue. I've watched so many divers spend as much time as they can on a reef, only to spend as little time as possible during their ascent. This is what my typical dives look like.
dive-jpg.517164

Attachments

• dive.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 242
I feel refreshed after most dives no matter what I'm breathing. I believe it is the ascent, not the gas that causes fatigue. I've watched so many divers spend as much time as they can on a reef, only to spend as little time as possible during their ascent. This is what my typical dives look like.
dive-jpg.517164
You mean I need to ascent as slow as possible? It releases fatigue?

Back
Top Bottom