Is trying to buy a course representative of it?!?!?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drrich2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just wasted a ridiculous amount of time scouring your website trying to find a way to actually pay for/sign up for the course on the Oceanic Proplus 2. Sheer madness. I couldn't do it. I freaking could not do it. Finally got the account set up for my brother-in-law (it kept insisting I'd left a required field blank, which was untrue. Changing where I heard about you from 'from a friend' to 'a scuba forum' fixed it, though why I have no idea). Bought 'bubble credits' since I infered that'd be necessary (but I couldn't tell). Still couldn't do it. What I see is a website that looks like a cross between a forum and some kind of social networking site.

I tried both Firefox and Safari on my Mac. I think I made a legitimate effort to figure this out.

All this trying to hand money to a site with a rep. for making tutorials to make the technically complex & frustrating easy.

Here's an idea for a new tutorial... How to select and pay for/enroll in a course!!! Step by step instructions.

I know you can do it. The page for selling 'bubble credits' wasn't so bad. Can you link me to buy actual classes the same way?

Richard.

sign in and setup account-click on "store" tab-buy bubble credits for class-click on classes tab- click click dive computer classes- oceanic-click pro plus-

Hope this helps.

Hi,
thank you for your post.
We are doing our best to make our service as user friendly as possible.

If you are not yet familiar on how our classes are organized, you could take the free class TAKING ONLINE CLASSES.
In fact, in the first section of all our classes with remind so to the users in the first video and by showing the link highlighted in the image below
link2how2takeclass.jpg

In case you missed the above ..... just keep going with the class ... and at a certain point the class will ask you to enroll.
As you can see in the image below, you have 3 ways to enroll: using an Activation Code, using Bubble Credits or purchasing the class directly via PayPal (the PayPal option is new ... we added it last week :wink:).
how2pay4class.jpg

Best Regards,

Alberto (aka eDiver)

..... Finally got the account set up for my brother-in-law (it kept insisting I'd left a required field blank, which was untrue. Changing where I heard about you from 'from a friend' to 'a scuba forum' fixed it, though why I have no idea)......

mmmhhhh ..... looks like a bug?
Will look into it.

Thanks

Bogie:

sign in and setup account-click on "store" tab-buy bubble credits for class-click on classes tab- click click dive computer classes- oceanic-click pro plus-

I sign in and don't see anything called 'Setup Account,' or 'Setup,' or 'Account.' I already bought I think $9.70 worth of 'Bubble Credits' earlier and got confirmation from PayPal, and the eDiving website itself, that we've got the bubble credits.

Clicking on Store (from the overhead gray menu buttons) doesn't give me a list of classes. Clicking on Classes gives me the option between General Education Classes and Dive Computer classes (after requiring me to sign in yet again, though I've already done it). I can then click on Oceanic, and select the ProPlus 2, but it goes to an introduction screen.

I take it at this point we're supposed to sit through the video and eventually it'll hit us up for the money.

I was working on this from an iPhone earlier, and I don't have an unlimited data plan, so watching videos (especially at work, where I may not have that much time to kill) hoping maybe it'll clue me in while running up the data usage isn't optimal.

I'll link my Brother-in-Law to this thread so he can see that if he logs on and goes through it, it'll ask for the Bubble Credits that there should be more than enough of in the account.

Thanks.

Richard.

Had the same frustrations a while back, finally just gave up. The service looks useful however access and ease of use to get started in the course needs a major overhaul. Can anyone post their successes (besides the owners) of actually signing up and taking the course with a rating from 1-10?

Had the same frustrations a while back, finally just gave up. The service looks useful however access and ease of use to get started in the course needs a major overhaul. Can anyone post their successes (besides the owners) of actually signing up and taking the course with a rating from 1-10?
As of ... now ... we served 3684 classes :cool2:

.....I'll link my Brother-in-Law to this thread so he can see that if he logs on and goes through it, it'll ask for the Bubble Credits that there should be more than enough of in the account. ...

Hi, did you read my post above?

.......I was working on this from an iPhone earlier, .....
We are working on an iPhone / iPad application :wink:

......Can anyone post their successes (besides the owners) of actually signing up and taking the course ....
On this scubaboard post you can find an happy camper :D

As of ... now ... we served 3684 classes :cool2:

Just providing you some constructive criticism, since I had the exact same experience as the OP.

I'm sure your service is excellent once you get it to run and I'd like to use it in the near future for the Oceanic Pro 2.1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom