Is trying to buy a course representative of it?!?!?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can then click on Oceanic, and select the ProPlus 2, but it goes to an introduction screen.

I take it at this point we're supposed to sit through the video and eventually it'll hit us up for the money.

I don't know if it helps you, but when I attempt to take the Pro Plus training, this is exactly what happens. The first couple videos play fine but when I get to Alphanumeric Displays under User Interface and Controls It tells me I must enroll and gives me payment options.

I took the Geo 2.0 class with the free coupon that came with it. I thought it was quite helpful. As others have said, much better than the manual. My only complaint is that I would have preferred the videos play sequentially automatically. The current process of ending a video,exiting full screen, select the next video, and returning to full-screen viewing got rather annoying.

If it's necessary to take a class on how to take a class, there's something wrong!

No, it is not necessary
In fact, every class tells user what to do ...... But you have to watch - and listen to - the first videos

.... My only complaint is that I would have preferred the videos play sequentially automatically. The current process of ending a video,exiting full screen, select the next video, and returning to full-screen viewing got rather annoying.
[/COLOR]
what device are you using to watch the videos? Pc? IPhone?

Just providing you some constructive criticism, since I had the exact same experience as the OP.

I'm sure your service is excellent once you get it to run and I'd like to use it in the near future for the Oceanic Pro 2.1
I appreciate the feedback a lot.

I think the issue here is that in the first section of the class we say that the class is not free and then in the second section we say how much it costs, but we don't give the user the possibility to enroll in the class right there as we let the class later on prompt user for enrollment.

A possible way to solve this issue is add an "enroll now" button in the class screen so the user can enroll right away if they want to. This will take away the .... fear of the unknown .... and answer the question: "how do I pay for this class?"

Alberto (aka eDiver)

PC - don't recall if I used Firefox or IE (most likely Firefox)
if you are watching the videos on a PC with a good size screen, you should not need to maximize the video

Define "good size screen" and "need"

"good size screen" --> 17" and up?

"Need" --> based on how good your eyesight is :D

I took a look at my Brother-in-Law's account and it appears he's enrolled in the course. I haven't spoken with him yet, but perhaps things got resolved.

One suggestion. I enrolled sometime back in the VT3 class via a 'hot deals' special or some such posted here on ScubaBoard.com, and didn't have to go through much to do it. And some people can use the Activation Code approach. Would it be possible to make it where individuals can quickly log on and buy an activation code to send as a gift to somebody?

I'm thinking a dive computer training course could make a nice gift, if it were easy to purchase and send to the recipient. They're not expensive, and could be helpful.

I've been preoccupied with varied goings on and haven't tried the VT3 course yet. It's somewhere on my to-do list!

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom