• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Is VDH Done...

Discussion in 'Vintage Equipment Diving' started by W W Meixner, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    @Sam Miller III

I read it, too!

AfterDark likes this.
  2. abnfrog

abnfrog Tech Instructor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    gawd im old I still remember a lot of thoe companies , and still have a lot of that gear , I will add 1 more company cyber diver the first real digital dive computer (still have one that works ) think they only made 400 of them , red leds like the old calculator

rhwestfall and AfterDark like this.
  3. Frogkicker

Frogkicker Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I have read through the whole thread and I just dont understand?
    What is the OP's true complaint?
    I think its that VDH is the only place that lists what he wants, but the part remains out of stock. He is also mad because VDH didnt take his start up money and run the business the way the OP wanted.

My suggestion would be to take the money you wished to invest and start your own company, in Canada maybe.
    Link me when you do so I can check stock.

I have dealt with Bryan on a few occasions and was very impressed. He has provided a professional answer to every email that I have sent.

I placed an order with VDH last week. I recieved emails when I ordered and when it shipped. Tracking shows it arriving yesterday but it did not. Should I blame Bryan and think it a conspiracy or scam??? No he did his job, and then had to rely on someone else to do theirs.

I am thankful there is a company producing and selling the parts that no one else is. Perhaps if more divers would find the enjoyment of double hose regulators, then there would be a need for more than a "cottage industry".

This post makes me think of Willy Wonka. You got a golden ticket to the factory, and can't just enjoy it! People today have no patience or understanding of what others deal with. People today gotta have what they want, when they want, even if it is not ready.

4. Eric Sedletzky

Eric Sedletzky Great White

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I think a lot of people have no idea what is at the other end of a website or how cottage industries and side gigs work.
    In this day and age everyone is spoiled and expects everything to be instantly gratified at their fingertips on the internet with deeply discounted prices, free shipping, and no sales tax, as they sit at their computers or on their phone in their underwear.
    Everyone thinks the world of goods should be like Amazon, it’s not.
    Get over yourself and be glad that there still are a few one man operations making and doing stuff.
    I remember when the back pages of magazines were chock full of tiny box adds for cottage industry items made by guys just like us.

I very much enjoyed the story told by Sam Miller about the mask that was hand made by his good friend in Southern California, Sturgil.
    This to me is the crowning pinnacle of what “Cottage” is all about.

Those of us in cottage industries know full well that we will probably never be mainstream, and we may not ever want to be. That’s not what it’s about.

Life is too short to put up with demanding arrogant and unappreciative assholes.
    No soup for you!

5. Perryed

Perryed Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Some people just look for stuff to bitch about if it doesn`t go the way they want. Thanks for your service Bryan and keep up the good work!

dead dog likes this.
  6. Wookie

Wookie Secret Field Agent ScubaBoard Business Sponsor

As stated in Post 21, there is no bad advertising. Only bad ways to handle it, and Bryan did well.

Dark Wolf, StefinSB and TrimixToo like this.
  7. abnfrog

abnfrog Tech Instructor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    if som one complains just look at the source..........that tells the whole story , I have to bite my tongue a lot here