Ishigaki Island, Okinawa dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

170 bar is enough for anyone :) Well, for the majority of people who are happy to do 2x35 minute dives a day.......

I think the compressors in Japan must have long lives!

Have fun in Amani Oshima!

Yes, they live longer than the turtles Geoff... Still air fills are expensive. :11:

Hi guy,

I am planing to go to Ishigaki soon.

May I ask where is the best diving site I should not miss in Okinawa?

Thanks.

Hi 8c9,

I haven't had the chance to dive in Ishigaki much but generally the famous point there is Manta Scramble, a manta ray cleaning station. I went to a couple of spots around Kuro Island which didn't have so many fish but there is a really nice, flat white sandy bottom which was a nice change for me since so far I've mainly done wall dives.

On a side note, does anybody feel like the water around Ishigaki is 'bluer' than other places? I feel like the color underwater is more intense blue than other places, to the point of reducing viz... is this just me?

Benkun,

Thanks for your note.

Does it easy to meet Manta through all the year at Manta Scramble?

I read a Okinawa diving report recently, most of the diver are voted for diving at Ishigaki Island.
However, time is limited and money is also limited so I need make a decision for "Where to diving" around Okinawa and Ishigaki Island. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom