Island advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not been to Phi Phi, but we went straight from Khao Lak (after the Oktavia) to Koh Lanta and really enjoyed our time. It was pretty chilled family time for us. We stayed at Sai Naam Lanta and the beach was nice down there and there were plenty of nice little restaurants on the main street. I only dived Koh Haa which was a nice simple little dive. I had some of the best viz I've ever had underwater anywhere the day I was there. I dived with Scubafish who were OK, but nothing particularly special.
Did you enjoy the Oktavia?

For accommodations on Koh Lanta, I stayed within a few minutes walk of Andaman Dive Adventure. The area has a few nice restaurants, street-side (Galapogos, Dear & Nol, N & N, etc.) and along the beach (San Sunset, Funky Fish). I stayed at non La mer Hostel, then Best Stay Hostel. For hostels, they were both nice. If you're looking for a resort, perhaps look at Lanta Pearl Beach Resort, Lanta Palm Beach or Lanta Smile, to be close to the shop? Of course, it doesn't really matter too much, as there is free pick up and drop off.

Did you enjoy the Oktavia?
Loved it enough to return again the following year. Dom in the office is great and the crew on the boat were both professional and good fun. It is not high end, but if we went back we'd dive with them again. They were great with our kids and other snorkelers too. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom