Island Bound!!! Who is going to be there???? April 12-21, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Finally...Getting back to Curacao in April. Airline tickets went from $815 to $468.....Made everything doable...Finally get to see Mark & Suzy again...Hmmm I think I have pictures.....

Ahh yes....In full Packer garb..
CheddarHead.jpg

CheddarSuitMark.jpg

and the beautiful Suzy.....
FullCheddarwear.jpg

Who an make anything look spectacular....

Hi!!!! How have you been? How is the health of the reef in 3 years? Any changes? Hot spots? Update me!!

CheddarChick,

Since then we have a lot of new kids on the block, called Lionfish. They are beautiful to see and easy to take great pictures of, but very harmful to other small fish.
The overall health of the reef is improving from last autumn when the water temperature rose above the 'bleaching point' of corals. In January it dropped back and the corals are in good health again with today's temperature of 79 degree. That will probably go up to 80 in April.
The diving at Vaersenbaai is possible again without having to worry about your car, etcetera. The free access beach is renovated and there is 24/7 security. Other beaches are closed since then and i'm sure Suzy can update you with all the latest news.
And if your budget is too big: there's a new Hyatt on the island.
I'm looking forward to see you all in April.

Cool...Can't wait. See you at the Dive Bus!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom