ISO manifold for skinny neck tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joe10540

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I currently have a matched set of HP120's that I'd like to manifold into doubles. I'm 6'2" and 340lbs so they wouldn't be too big for me. The trouble is they are older skinny neck tanks and nobody I have spoken to knows where to find a manifold that will fit them. If anyone knows where to find one new or has a killer deal on a used one please let me know.

I've attached a pic of me in LP108's and they were too short as I kept ending up head down. Any advice is always appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1514.JPG
    IMG_1514.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 54
the longer tanks won't really change your trim much though the 120's will certainly be a helluva lot lighter for the same amount of gas if you aren't getting cave fills in the 108's. The 108's are also about the right height for you believe it or not. The 120's are about 2" longer than 108's, and you don't want the bottoms to go any lower than where they are now. If they go lower you're going to have issues sitting and potentially kicking.

The head down is something that may have some deeper root causes. Looks like the backplate may be too short which has the whole rig riding down too low. If that's the case, the wing can get pinched and not be able to inflate properly, though all of the air will go to the bottom if you're in good trim anyway. If you're wearing lead, you may want to put it in a tail weight pouch

I have double 120's at 6'3" and they are almost too long for me as an FYI and I do have short legs. The manifolds are very difficult to come by. Northeast Scuba may be your best bet to find one, but I don't think he has any right now.

Thank you for the reply. They are riding low because I kept pulling them down. Since I didn't need any lead and that was the only way I could shift weight. It wasn't my harness so that might have played into it but shifting them down made it a real b***h to reach the valves. Just ordered myself a drysuit so I'm sure that is going to change everything again.

Thank you for the reply. They are riding low because I kept pulling them down. Since I didn't need any lead and that was the only way I could shift weight. It wasn't my harness so that might have played into it but shifting them down made it a real b***h to reach the valves. Just ordered myself a drysuit so I'm sure that is going to change everything again.

drysuit is likely going to make you go head down even more unfortunately. Which fins are you using?

Embarrassingly I am using the ultra buoyant scubapro split fins but I'm looking at getting either the F1's or jet fins as a replacement. When I am not in a wetsuit I float vertical feet down when sidemounting the 120's tucked hard into my armpits.

The trouble is they are older skinny neck tanks and nobody I have spoken to knows where to find a manifold that will fit them. If anyone knows where to find one new or has a killer deal on a used one please let me know.

I don't believe there are any new ones. They come up on eBay once in a while but I haven't seen any for several months.

I dive with HP120s and still have a problem with floaty feet. I've resigned myself to using ankle weights.

Last edited:
What valves do you have on them now?

I have a Genesis manifold. Looking for Sidemount valves .

Embarrassingly I am using the ultra buoyant scubapro split fins but I'm looking at getting either the F1's or jet fins as a replacement. When I am not in a wetsuit I float vertical feet down when sidemounting the 120's tucked hard into my armpits.

switch to f1's or jet fins before you go hunting for that manifold that will fix a lot of your problems

I have bands and a manifold that I removed from HP-120s, rebuilt, and threw in a box. If you are interested, I will take pictures tomorrow and post them for you. $100 you pay shipping for the bands and manifold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom