ISS4000 and the PX35... Where do you plug it in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm hoping someone can shed some light (no pun intended) on this for me. I picked up an ISS4000 a bit ago and have been waiting for the PX35 fiber optic cable to come available. Now that I finally have it in my hands, either the cable has the wrong plug on it or I'm missing the proper port on the strobe.

The cable has the white plastic piece with the velcro that I'd notionally attach to my camera. The other side of the fiber is a black plastic plug with what looks like a multi-stepped wedding cake type hard plastic plug. While the narrow portion of the plug fits into the opaque plastic ring on the bottom of the strobe, it doesn't actually stay attached in there. There isn't anything holding the plug in and the wider portion of the plug doesn't fit in the ring with any sort of tight friction fit.

When I measure it, the black plastic plug is 6.5mm in diameter where as the inner diameter of the port on the bottom of the strobe is 7mm. Is this normal? Am I missing another port or is it a manufacturing issue with the new cable?

Thanks!

HiGbert,

Soundslike you are missing the two orings that fit on the black plug. These oringswill make a compression fitting between the fiber optic cable plug and opaque plug receptacle on the strobe. Please contact Kevin@intova.netand he’ll be happy to send them to you. Take care

That would make a lot of sense... thanks for the info Joe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom