Issues with Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like your time isn't worth very much that you're spending so much effort to continue this conversation over $10. Or $40, or whatever it is you feel entitled to. Tobin's always provided us with good service and quality goods.

Further - what is Tobin supposed to do? You didn't demand a free repair in your email, in fact you offered to pay for the repair and expedited shipping. In my world if a customer doesn't ask for something for free, they sure as hell aren't going to get something for free. You offered to pay, so he charged you. Had you come at him explicitly voicing your expectation not to be charged you might have a foot to stand on.

No one can read minds.

Further - what is Tobin supposed to do? You didn't demand a free repair in your email, in fact you offered to pay for the repair and expedited shipping. In my world if a customer doesn't ask for something for free, they sure as hell aren't going to get something for free. You offered to pay, so he charged you. Had you come at him explicitly voicing your expectation not to be charged you might have a foot to stand on.

No one can read minds.

The correspondence was sent via paper letter- not email.

I specifically asked them to cut me a break in the letter (posted in it's entirety at the beginning of this thread) and cover this under warranty. I didn't think it was necessary to point out that this was an obvious case of missed QC to any layman with minor knowledge of sewing (and I'm kicking myself now for not taking a photo of the damage before sending it in so I could illustrate here). I'm upset because I feel they were indifferent to and didn't even acknowledge an explicit request made by a customer! The fact that I was charged such a trivial ammount only reinforces that feeling!

Instead of offering to meet me half-way the guy on the phone suggested I was the cause of the damage over the course of 10-12 open water dives! What does that say about the durability of the product and how does calling customers liars correspond to the excellent rep. they have on these forums?

This doesn't mean I'm not going to use my wing anymore or that I won't likely be happy with the repair. It simply means I am dissapointed by the lack of regard to the explicit request made in my letter and the apparent lack of concern that was shown for keeping happy customers happy!

Why support the small business if they'll treat you just like another number? That's the kind of shenanigans I would expect from Dive Rite, OMS, etc...

Sounds like good service to me and for $10? I see no problem. Now me, I have been dealing with a customer service department for my camera for 4 weeks now. 17 emails back and forth and I think it may finally be taken care of. So 1 email and 2 phone calls? Be thankful for what you've got.

Seems like the OP did nothing but help DDS. Tobin has consistently had a strong, well earned, reputation for good advice and excellent customer service.

From my stand point Tobin went above and beyond the call on an out of warranty product.

McDonalds sells $3 Cheeseburgers (not $300 wings)- and if they sell you something that isn't right, you either get it replaced or your money refunded- regardless of whether or not you've taken a bite! :D

I had a cheeseburger at McDonald's on Monday. My stomach felt pretty bad that night if you know what I mean. Do you think, if I go back tomorrow and tell them about it they will give me a free one?

That's the kind of shenanigans I would expect from Dive Rite, OMS, etc...
My buddies and I have always had great service from Dive Rite Customer Service. Tell us why you would make the above comment. I would be interested in your experiences with their Customer Service Department.

I had a cheeseburger at McDonald's on Monday. My stomach felt pretty bad that night if you know what I mean. Do you think, if I go back tomorrow and tell them about it they will give me a free one?

Now I want a cheeseburger.

Why is it that every time someone bitches about Tobin he actually ends up looking better after the fight than before? I think this is the 3rd time I have seen then happen.

Oh, I guess the answer he knows how to run his business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom