IST Pro Ear Mask Silicone seal and lubricant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jujjio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I bought spare parts (tube, ear pieces...) for IST Pro Ear Mask and I want to ask you if I can seal or/and strongly attach the components with Aquaseal or Aquasure or you might have other ideas to do so?
In addition, the ear pieces leaks some times and I know that silicone-based lubricant may solve the problem. What do you recommend not to destroy the silicone skirt itself?

Thank you!

My post from yesterday didn't seem to go through. The connectors for the tubes, where they are attached to the mask skirt, seem to be made of polystyrene plastic. Using a solvent based sealant like Aquaseal could damage them. Especially the clamping ring which holds the silicone tube to the connector. I wrapped this part with silicone rescue tape then clamped it down with a zip-tie.

I cannot imagine any possible help any sort of silicone lubricant would offer with the ear cups. You sort of have to gather your ear inside the inner ring of the ear cup. I do this by laterally rotating the ear cup along the side of my head to gather my ear inside it. The outer shirt cannot be folded or lifted, by a hood or cap.

I got a hooded vest, with a vent in the top of the hood. I put the mask on first. I carefully pull the full hood over the ear cups. I used to use a hood with cut outs around my ears. This would go on first then my mask. It was cumbersome.

If you absolutely need to keep your ears dry, use Docs Pro Plugs in your ears, inside the mask.

Back
Top Bottom