IST Saturn BC ... anyone tried using this brand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nardaquino

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! im new to diving and im planning to get my own gear already :D I would like to ask your comments and reactions on IST brand Jacket Style BC, how is it? is it a good brand to buy? The price is really cheap compared to other branded BCs but im just not that sure on the quality and reliability :D

I have 2 of these. One is over 2 years old already and still works great. Its good equipment for the price it comes. There are by the way to versions, the saturn which has a integrated weights (the weight integration sucks and no need to get excited about it) and 2 pockets at the back for non-ditchable leads. The other is the basic oceanus.

Quality, as long as you take care of it, rinse it well, store it well, its a good BC. Don't believe anybody here who tells you to get that thing called the backplate and wing. Its a ridiculously priced equipment that is no good. You could buy an IST BC and an IST regulator for the price of one of those hideous looking, good for nothing, overpriced Backplate's and those things that they call "donuts" and "horseshoes". :D

I agree with most of what the guys are saying, go for a normal BC. I use a wing, but just with a harness, no backplate. As a new diver i would go for the cheaper and perfectly good Jacket Style BC as they are comfortable and all you need for recreational diving. Also if you are thinking of doing rescue/DM courses, you want a bc that allows you to float at the surface comfortably, and i havent heard of a wing system that users find as comfortble on the surface as a jacket, with all the bouyancy at the back, there is a tendency for a wing to push you face down on the surface....

Axua:
Don't believe anybody here who tells you to get that thing called the backplate and wing. Its a ridiculously priced equipment that is no good. You could buy an IST BC and an IST regulator for the price of one of those hideous looking, good for nothing, overpriced Backplate's and those things that they call "donuts" and "horseshoes". :D

et tu, brute?

Jag

IST sells junk. Anything that you have to trust your life with needs to be manufactured to accomplish just that -- keep you alive. If your life is cheap, buy cheap. IST is junk.

have to disagree,bought a 1st reg off of ebay 2 years ago,have had no problems with it,breathes very well,it looks like they copyed a scubapro first stage. new they are about 160.00 dollars,paid 50.00 with shipping. dont know about their bcs.

Babydamulag:
IST sells junk. Anything that you have to trust your life with needs to be manufactured to accomplish just that -- keep you alive. If your life is cheap, buy cheap. IST is junk.

Another of your sweeping general statements.. do you know what is inside an IST reg?

Back
Top Bottom