it keeps fogging..and fogging......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bebo

Contributor
Reaction score
I've bought a Mares X Vision. Love it....except for one thing. It does not matter how much spit and how early, it just keeps on fogging. Should I buy a deffoger?. Does it really work? Anyways, what are deffogers made of? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something wrong w/ the mask?
Please bring on the magic pill!

scrub the entire mask throughly, twice with toothpaste before trying it out?

Be sure your toothpaste is the ONE COLOR ...kinda green....and has no granules that would scratch the mask. Do both the in and out side.

Then, take some no tears baby shampoo and mix about 1/3 shampoo to 2/3 water
and squirt inside the mask. Swish around real good then pour out left over. DO NOT wipe dry....just let set and dry. Then on your next dive dont spit...just dunk once and you should be good to go.

Sometimes....like with me....i put out so much heat that until my face cools down I have a slight fogging problem. I can solve that by wetting my face first and let the air cool it down....then no fog problem at all.

pipedope:
scrub the entire mask throughly, twice with toothpaste before trying it out?
Yep, but I could give it a couple more if u think it'll help....or is it probable that I didn't do it right the first time?

RICHinNC:
Be sure your toothpaste is the ONE COLOR ...kinda green....and has no granules that would scratch the mask. Do both the in and out side.

Then, take some no tears baby shampoo and mix about 1/3 shampoo to 2/3 water
and squirt inside the mask. Swish around real good then pour out left over. DO NOT wipe dry....just let set and dry. Then on your next dive dont spit...just dunk once and you should be good to go.

Sometimes....like with me....i put out so much heat that until my face cools down I have a slight fogging problem. I can solve that by wetting my face first and let the air cool it down....then no fog problem at all.

That's me! A human radiator!!!!!

I used white toothpaste. as I watched TV at night or just having some free time I rubbed the toothpaste in both side's then washed it out and applied it again over and over i think ten times. I'm like RICHinNC I put off heat alot! so during your dive take a moment and pull your mask forward flooding it wait a few seconds and let go and then clear your mask this well cool your face. I started doing this and dont have the fogging problem at all anymore....

simple cheap toothpaste to clean - one or two washings. I also use a defogger that seems to workout well (seal something). It has been mentioned that baby shampoo is a good defogger as well. Personally, I've had 0% luck with spit.. but thats just me.

That on most of my dives I wouldn't know if the mask was fogged or not until I surface.

.......that when I used rentals, spit worked just fine w/ them, nothing else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom