Italian D.I.N. Valve.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boston Breakwater

"Outlaw." Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello. I consider myself fairly versed with bottles, and valves. The valves pictured have me at a loss. I have found zero information.
I'm almost certain the nylon, and burst disc are not O.E.M.
I'm asking for knowledge on specifications...working pressure, parts availability, etc.
Thanks, in advance.
Cheers.
@Angelo Farina Your as old, as dirt. :rofl3:
I'm sure you owned 4 of these in the 60's
Thanks.
P_20201006_115646.jpg
P_20201006_115656.jpg
P_20201006_115705.jpg

These valves are definitely NOT vintage. They appear to be double-use Yoke/DIN232. This is a modern thing.
Furthermore bursts discs are only for US, here in Europe they are not used.
So, even if manufactured here in Italy, these are valves tailored for US.
Italian vintage valves are typically:
- yoke only
- with reserve
- the O-ring is inside a groove (for cylinders without the conical surface before the thread).

Thanks....Also looking for the history. I just posted a thread asking you to chime in. I appreciate your time.
Cheers.

nothing interesting about them. They're most often seen with OMS imported Faber bottles *the grey painted ones*, but they're still made.

As @Angelo Farina said, anything with a burst disc is made specifically for the US market as they are actually forbidden in Europe. The history behind our burst disc requirement is actually really irritating. Anyway, the most valuable part of those valves is the caps, so don't lose them.

nothing interesting about them. They're most often seen with OMS imported Faber bottles *the grey painted ones*, but they're still made.....

The Faber bottles that when they first were imported came with the "overfill chart" reflecting how many cuft the tanks held based on psi over 2400 rating. If I remember the chart went up to around 4000 psi. DOT shut that down pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom