Itineraries - Brothers Daedalus Elphinstone vs. Daedalus Rocky Zagarbad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up picking the BDE over the DRZ route; through my research it seems like DRZ is much more appropriate for tech (deep walls and wrecks).
I actually found a convenient LAX-ZRH-RMF route on Swiss/Edelweiss, which works out perfectly. IIRC I think there is also a carrier from Germany (Lufthansa partner) and another in Scandinavia that fly into RMF from Europe.
I do the DRZ tour quite often and it is not really a tech/deep/wreck itinary.
Swiss/Edelweiss are owned by Lufthansa :D; Lufthansas own "vacation" branch Eurowings is just starting to increase flights on typical tourist routes but is likely to become a major force due to the backing of their parent, the other traditional carrier from Germany is Condor (who used to be part of Lufthansa a long time ago). If anyone offers SunExpress stay away:rant:.

Typically flights used to be on Thursdays as this is the main bording day for LOBs and of course Saturday; currently it is all a little guess work and depending on Covid restrictions.

I do the DRZ tour quite often and it is not really a tech/deep/wreck itinary.
Swiss/Edelweiss are owned by Lufthansa :D; Lufthansas own "vacation" branch Eurowings is just starting to increase flights on typical tourist routes but is likely to become a major force due to the backing of their parent, the other traditional carrier from Germany is Condor (who used to be part of Lufthansa a long time ago). If anyone offers SunExpress stay away:rant:.

Typically flights used to be on Thursdays as this is the main bording day for LOBs and of course Saturday; currently it is all a little guess work and depending on Covid restrictions.

Ah Condor was the one I was thinking of.

And yes, tons of flights Sat/Thurs. Edelweiss was the only one that could offer a Tuesday flight into RMF which is what I needed (Wed-Wed trip).

Great write-up! Out of curiosity, what did you use to film those videos? Debating traveling light with my GoPro or hauling my Panny G9 + Nauticam setup.

Took video with my GoPro Hero 6 + 2 x 5000 lumens video lights (Wifine Solar Flare). The photos were taken with Sea & Sea DX6G.

Took video with my GoPro Hero 6 + 2 x 5000 lumens video lights (Wifine Solar Flare). The photos were taken with Sea & Sea DX6G.

Awesome, I mostly dive with my Hero 5 + 2x Sola 3600+ video lights so I might just stick with that unless I manage to get really comfortable with my nauticam setup before September.

Reactions: Dan
Awesome, I mostly dive with my Hero 5 + 2x Sola 3600+ video lights so I might just stick with that unless I manage to get really comfortable with my nauticam setup before September.

That would be good enough for me. Everything fits in my backpack, including 3cf Spare Air.

0161E397-3A6F-42D7-8952-C15BD0DE0D34.jpeg
F942DF09-41DA-4745-9157-D0FD48C5CF49.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom